By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype Keep Auto-Closing After a Few Minutes of Inactivity

Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S (Android 4.0.4)

Skype app (version

Skype keeps closing after few minutes of inactivity or even quicker if I switch to another app or the home screen.

Message 1 of 348 (24,826 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Accepted by Claudius (Community Manager)
‎28-08-2015 11:00
The random sign out issue was fixed with the latest update to Skype 2.9:

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.

View solution in original post

Message 348 of 348 (7,458 Views)
347 Replies
Novel Tourist
I'm having the same problem !
Device : LG Optimus One P500

Skype version

Message 2 of 348 (24,754 Views)

my mobile phone is a sony xperia arc this problem only stared 2 days ago i have to reboot every hour or so annoying someone please help

Message 3 of 348 (24,728 Views)
Casual Adventurer

I've been having the same problem for about a week now. Skype auto-closes and when I restart it, it asks me either for the password or for both user name and password (both of which should be remembered automatically). The device is a Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100), Android 2.3.3.

Message 4 of 348 (24,714 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Yes, I have the same model as you, Samsung Galaxy II and Skype has been switching itself off about every 30-45 minutes. Its been doing it for about 4 days now. Its really frustrating.

Message 5 of 348 (24,689 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Same here in the last few days. Nexus S, android 4.0.4
Message 6 of 348 (24,684 Views)
Novel Tourist

I have the same problem, mine usually closes after an hour  

Device: LG Optimus S

Skype app version:

Message 7 of 348 (24,648 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Same here, no update or anything changed, just started happening on It's own.

Tried re-installing, re-booting etc but to no avail.

Message 8 of 348 (24,608 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Same problem, closes process when app is closed, requires restart app  and login again, can't receive calls unless actively using skype app

Droid X

Skype Version

System Version 4.5.621

Android Version 2.3.4

Message 9 of 348 (24,604 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I am also having the same problem on my HTC EVO 3D. It started doing it about 2 days ago. Every time, it closes after a while of inactivity and when I go to restart it I have to put my password back in. 

Message 10 of 348 (24,588 Views)