By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Samsung Galaxy s3 video calls on skype

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Tourist
Video calls cannot be made through skype on my Samsung galaxy s3. It does not even give an option to switch to video call. Is there any way this can be fixed? Thank you
Message 1 of 114 (261,175 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Novel Tourist
Solution
Accepted as a solution by lenule123456
‎28-08-2015 11:00
I have a Samsung Galaxy s3 and can make video calls but not at first. The default on the phone app is to have video calling disabled. I had to go into the Skype app settings and enable it. I had to get my sister who was trying to videocall me with her new Samsung to do the same. I don't know whether this is what has happened with yours. Its worth checking.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 114 (262,212 Views)
113 Replies
Novel Adventurer
I use galaxy note android 4.03 cant make video call i have full opttions but cant do it.then crash. Think we have to wait for an update for android 4.x
Message 2 of 114 (261,112 Views)
Novel Tourist
Solution
Accepted as a solution by lenule123456
‎28-08-2015 11:00
I have a Samsung Galaxy s3 and can make video calls but not at first. The default on the phone app is to have video calling disabled. I had to go into the Skype app settings and enable it. I had to get my sister who was trying to videocall me with her new Samsung to do the same. I don't know whether this is what has happened with yours. Its worth checking.
Message 3 of 114 (262,213 Views)
Tourist

Hi JB1331, I just bought a Samsung S3 and was told that it would be NO problem at all to connect to Skype. However, have same problem as you have whilst Skype say that we should have the option of connecting to them for video calling in their ads! Misleading! Also I find it annoying you cannot get in touch with them directly to ask for guidance!

Message 4 of 114 (260,905 Views)
Novel Adventurer
In my SGS2 video calling doesn't work as well.
Message 5 of 114 (260,864 Views)
Reliable Adventurer
Skype works perfectly for video calling on my galaxy S 3. Orange network. (currently a problem with their apn settings. Not a Skype fault)
Message 6 of 114 (260,683 Views)
Casual Adventurer
You are lucky one. I can not even sign in to my Skype account on my galaxy siii. I think it is AT&T setting which block me from connection. I had problem to set up my Google account and I'm still not sure I can send e-mail. I'll check if I can get unlocking key from Samsung for this phone, if not I will return it.
Message 7 of 114 (260,266 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Hi, I have same kind of problem i just launch the complaint to Three network. I tried lot but not yet enble my video call on Samsung Galaxy S3. Please any one help in this regard. As when i call to Three Network the support ppl says its third party software nobody can take initiative at their end to resolve that issue.

In addition to that i observed some time during voice call when i finish the call aur hangup its takes time.

Waiting for postive reply in this regards.

Anis

[removed for privacy]

Message 8 of 114 (259,675 Views)
Casual Tourist
I have same issue at first. Uninstall and re-install skype seems allow me to login to skype after. But still can't make any call ... either voice even video .... AT&T block skype on this phone ?!?
Message 9 of 114 (259,406 Views)
Novel Adventurer

same here, got galaxy s3 from sprint, downloaded skype from play store, can login and make calls, but sounds crappy, i can see others eventhough the video looks really bad, but they can't see me. have enabled video calls, still nothing.

Message 10 of 114 (259,143 Views)