By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

Is it possible to do Skype video calling on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1?  I've installed Skype on the device but do not see options for video calls

115 Replies
Casual Tourist

I've got the same problem. I don't think Skype supports the 10.1 despite "Galaxy Tab" being listed as supported.

Come on, Skype, we've got Honeycomb 3.1 ... get our tablets enabled for video.

Novel Adventurer

I have the same problem: bought recently Samsung Tablet 10.1 and can't get SKYPE  video

Is anyone knows how to find out when skype will support it.

Thanks

Casual Tourist

Ditto here.  And it was one of the main reasons I bought the tablet.  Very disppointing...

Hopefully it won't be too long before this is addresssed!

Novel Adventurer
Also purchased Galaxy Tab 10.1 and turned out there are video calls in Skype ( What a frustration
Novel Tourist
meeee tooooo!! i'm dying nowwww im dyinggg skype team please make this works or i'll do the suicideee
Highlighted
Casual Tourist

I have the same problem. Please fix Skype...

Community Manager
See the FAQ entry on tablets here: http://community.skype.com/t5/Android/Frequently-asked-Android-questions-Answers/td-p/77052

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Casual Adventurer

Many thanks for your reply Skype person, hopefully it will not be too long before support is added.

I am glad you are aware of the demand.

Skype with video for Tegra 2 was demonstrated some months ago...

goo.gl/6Arhn

It would be awesome if you could give us some timeframe for support for android tablets.

Many thanks for your reply

Casual Tourist

I have the Samsung tab 10.1 V and despite the claims that video calling is available for the tab, it is not. I have to download Skype through Android market and have contacted Samsung and Android and no-one knows anything. So video vcalling available for Galaxy Tab 10.1, as Skype claims, is simply untrue. Not good!!!