By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Package File Invalid

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Tourist

When I go to download the updated Skype app from the Android Market, I receive a message that reads "PACKAGE FILE INVALID".  Is there a fix for this?

Message 1 of 13 (3,781 Views)
12 Replies
Novel Tourist
even i face same problem for the past 2 days after uninstalling the skype.. unable to install now
Message 2 of 13 (3,613 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Same problem on Infuse 4G: Upside down camera> uninstalled Skype> tried reinstall > "package file is invalid" - frustrating

Message 3 of 13 (3,592 Views)
Novel Tourist
Same problem here too with infuse 4G!!!
Message 4 of 13 (3,576 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Same problem with infuse.

Message 5 of 13 (3,513 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Me too same problem how can we fixed this do anybody know?????
Message 6 of 13 (3,372 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I must have tried installing over 10 times today and I keep getting that error. Now I wish I had kept my upside down video. Now I don't have skype at all. OMG. Can someone get back to us.

Message 7 of 13 (3,300 Views)
Community Manager
Try restarting the device completely and then retrying the installation.

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 8 of 13 (3,282 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I tried shutting down my samsung galaxy S and restarting... still getting the same message. I should have kept the old version. The one time I need it to work while my husband is away it doesnt work

Message 9 of 13 (3,275 Views)
Novel Tourist
Same problem
Message 10 of 13 (2,640 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 12 in conversation