By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Ideapad A1 meets reqs. Why no video?

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Tourist

How hard can this be? The issue has been out for so long and no progress has been done so far! Still sending an upside-down image during video calls...

Message 31 of 113 (2,524 Views)
Casual Adventurer

MAYBE BECAUSE SKYPE WAS BOUGHT BY MICROSOFT.......

THEY GO BY THIER STANDARD....

Message 32 of 113 (2,521 Views)
Novel Adventurer

We need a rough timeframe for this issue to be fixed please.  I need skype when I'm mobile and may need to buy another pad if this isnt fixed quickly.  Is it going to take a week?  A month?  Give us some idea.  Thanks.

Message 33 of 113 (2,505 Views)
Casual Tourist

Message 34 of 113 (2,441 Views)
Highlighted
Novel Tourist
I also have the IdeaPad A1 and video is upside down and zoomed in every time that I make a video call. The issue happens when using the front camera. If it wasn't for that bug Skype would be great. Please.release an update to fix this problem. Thanks in advance.
Message 35 of 113 (2,381 Views)
Casual Adventurer

SKYPE.. ARE YOU LISTENING!?

FIXING UPSIDE DOWN VIDEO CAN NOT BE THAT HARD....

Message 36 of 113 (2,178 Views)
Former Staff
We are listening, and this is on our list. We see huge variation in video performance across Android devices, so we can't support everything at first pass. Please bear with us.

I know there are problems for most users with skype. I have an unrooted a1 I just got. Tablet says I have the latest version of OS. I downloaded skype and it is version 2.6.0.95. I tried a few skype test video calls and they only last for a few seconds, maybe because it's test connection, but my front camera video image appears unusually large to me. I don't know any other way to test skype on A1. I have read about skype problems, and it doesn't look like skype or lenovo have fix yet for various problems including upside down video. otherwise I like table.
Thanks
Message 38 of 113 (2,005 Views)
Novel Tourist
Well...add me to the list too. A setting like flip camera would solve the problem. Can't I manually change this by editing a file or is rooting required?
Message 39 of 113 (1,982 Views)
Casual Adventurer

How hard can this be!

Fellow Skypers who bought A1, advertised as Skype enabled, bought A1 because of the video feature, did not buy Kindle Fire due to no video.

We got to keep bugging, have our voices heard. After ipad3 or with more new tablets with better OS, Skype will no longer bother to solve this problem fot A1 users. 

We need to have our voice heard now!

Speak up now our never!

We have to get this isuse resolved.   

Dan! listen to us. We need help!!

Everyone speak up!!!

Message 40 of 113 (1,689 Views)
Discussion Stats