By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

How can I download Skype on my Android tablet PC, NO phone?

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Tourist

Hi,

I have Android 2.2 tablet PC ith no phone line. How can I download the new Skype video version? It keeps asking for phone number. I connect ro tne Internet using WIFI on my Tablet PC.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 13 (27,198 Views)
12 Replies
Community Manager
Look for Skype in the Android Market.

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 2 of 13 (27,186 Views)
Novel Tourist

I have the same problem! Looks like skype will never work on Android tablet pc 2.2 

I also cant find the link anywhere

Message 3 of 13 (27,059 Views)
Novel Tourist
I have the same problem but mine is an android tablet 2.3 ...i feel hopeless
Message 4 of 13 (24,170 Views)
Novel Adventurer
I'm on a Pandigital Planet which does not have access to Android Market. How can I get the Skype with video calling?
Message 5 of 13 (24,125 Views)
Novel Tourist
I have pandigital to im sayijg wat the crap. Tryed installing did noting. Like idk what the hell to do eather buddy.. i try on google. Ask. Ect and nothing
Message 6 of 13 (23,921 Views)
Novel Tourist

I found Skype app on the android market, but I can not get it to let me sign in it just keeps trying or say's skype is down. I have done unistall and down loaded it again but still nothing. Has anyone got this to work on a tablet with no sim just using WI FI

Message 7 of 13 (22,735 Views)
Novel Tourist

Just like Barnview1, I found Skype on Android Market, installed it onto my Android Tablet with wi-fi only (no phone/no 3G), can't sign in or create a new account - just keeps timing out.

Any other suggestions?

Message 8 of 13 (14,779 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Hi!! Iam using micromax funbook talk.android 4.0.3.how can I get skype to download.plz help
Message 9 of 13 (13,512 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Hi!! Iam using micromax funbook talk.android 4.0.3.how can I get skype to download.plz help.my email id is,,
Ejazsyed92@gmail.com
Message 10 of 13 (13,511 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 35 kudos
  • 12 in conversation