By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

How can I change my ringtone?

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Reliable Adventurer

Message 1 of 34 (16,195 Views)
33 Replies
Community Manager
Currently Skype for Android does not allow changing the ringtone.

Maybe you can also share why you want to change the ringtone? Is it too loud, too low, you don't like the sound of it?

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 2 of 34 (16,095 Views)
Casual Adventurer

On my galaxy s 2.3.6 the ringtone is too quite, it is almost impossible to hear. Any way to turn up the volume ?

Message 3 of 34 (16,088 Views)
Reliable Adventurer
because any people want to use custom melody as ringtone.
Message 4 of 34 (16,073 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Maybe you can suggest to Skype that they add this capability.  The default ringtone sucks ass.  A simple Google search will confirm this.  I'm assuming you serve as some type of messenger for customer feedback; it'd be great if you could make sure this problem is communicated, or at least respond back with why this feature is unavailable.

Message 5 of 34 (16,024 Views)
Novel Tourist

How about choice? Freedom? I have my own Skype ringtone I want to use and I can't.

Thank you Microsoft for taking my GOD given right. CHOICE.

Message 6 of 34 (16,018 Views)
Novel Adventurer

The ring tone is too low I use Skype as my regular number and miss calls because of the LOW volume of the ringtone

Message 7 of 34 (15,980 Views)
Novel Tourist
Same here, using Archos 101 G9 and even holding the tablet I can barely hear the ringtone
Message 8 of 34 (15,945 Views)
Reliable Adventurer

just installed 2.7. i have just one question:

Message 9 of 34 (15,904 Views)
Novel Tourist
Is there any development in this issue, for me i can not hear it at all without vibration no use. Skype could even charge for this service, i will be happy to pay to get rid of this quite noise
Message 10 of 34 (15,580 Views)
Discussion Stats