By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

GALAXY NEXUS ANDROID 4.0

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Tourist

hi 

I downloaded the latest Skype ver 2.5.0.160 on my Galaxy Nexus, however, video call does not work as i can hear what other says but i cannot show my front camera nor rear.

What should i do?

Message 1 of 75 (19,929 Views)
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Former Staff
Solution
Accepted by Claudius (Community Manager)
‎28-08-2015 11:00

Hi folks

Skype for Android 2.6.0.95 now available to download, with a fix for the orientation issues on the Galaxy Nexus.  Please let us know if this clears your problem?

Thanks

Dan

View solution in original post

Message 28 of 75 (4,364 Views)
Former Staff
Solution
Accepted by Claudius (Community Manager)
‎28-08-2015 11:00

The version you find on Google Play runs just fine on Nexus 7

View solution in original post

Message 74 of 75 (1,642 Views)
74 Replies
Novel Adventurer

wait for your platform to mature... You're an early adopter and you need to wait for software vendors like Adobe and Skype to catch up. Really the Nexus shouldnt have been released until the software vendors were ready, but that might've been a long wait. Companies like Skype and Adobe only seem to do updates when they really have to.

Message 2 of 75 (19,667 Views)
Novel Tourist
Yep I have the same problem no sending video. As well as all the other bugs in the phone :-(
Message 3 of 75 (19,602 Views)
Community Manager
We'd like to get video working on the Galaxy Nexus ASAP and we could need your help to achieve this.

We're therefor interested in the exact device ID your Nexus device shows to the Android OS. If you consider yourself an advanced Android user feel free to download the "Android System Info" app: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.electricsheep.asi
We are interested in the "device signature".

Thanks in advance.

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 4 of 75 (19,596 Views)
Novel Tourist

This any use?

Message 5 of 75 (19,580 Views)
Casual Tourist

Same issue here... My Galaxy Nexus has the same values as the above screenshot in the BuildInfos... but I can't find anything labeled "device signature".  In Settings-->About phone, there are two extra values that are not in the screenshot from the prior post:

Baseband version: I9250XXKK1

Kernel Version: 3.0.1-ge2433f2 android-build@apa28 #1

Message 6 of 75 (19,527 Views)
Highlighted
Novel Tourist

Could anyone please let me know if this issue is resolved?

Message 7 of 75 (19,421 Views)
Esteemed Adventurer
The Galaxy Nexus is using Ice Cream Sandwich Android (4.0) which is not yet supported by Skype because they have developed the app for Android to be supported until the Honeycomb (3.0 and 3.1). Wait for an update that will fix all your issues.
Message 8 of 75 (19,407 Views)
Novel Tourist

That's my one. I hope this is what you're looking for.

I can't wait to use skype on my galaxy nexus, cheers.

Message 9 of 75 (19,358 Views)
Novel Tourist

I have the same fingerprint as GlobalTommy

Skype works but video from the front or back camera doesn't work and almost all of the times I couldn't see the video of the other party.

Message 10 of 75 (19,296 Views)