By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Evo 4G video not working

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

I've downloaded the latest version (2.5.0.160)  for my Evo 4G. When I dial from my Evo to another skype account, I can see my own video until it connects. Once it connects, my own video turns off and it seems to just have an audio connection. Sometimes it then gives an error (that flashes by too quick for me to scribe) about my video not being enabled. When I look under settings it is enabled. Thoughts?

Message 1 of 5 (778 Views)
4 Replies
Community Manager
Is the other Skype account you are video calling to using the latest Skype version? It could be you are not sharing the same video codec. You cna point the user to www.skype.com/download to get the latest Skype version.

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 2 of 5 (644 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I'll check that out as well, but it also occurs when I do the "echo/sound test". I have video until it connects, then it disappears.

Message 3 of 5 (643 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Despite my other message about the test call, I downloaded the newest Skype on my Mac and it works. Thanks!

Message 4 of 5 (642 Views)
Community Manager
Thanks for your feedback.

A comment on the "Echo Sound Test Service": It can only be used for audio testing and will neither receive nor send video.

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 5 of 5 (640 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation