By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Does Skype work on a Samsung Galaxy Mini?

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

Hello,

I would like to know if Skype would run in a Samsung Galaxy Mini using Android 2.2

Message 1 of 13 (36,124 Views)
12 Replies
Honorary Adventurer

Hello. Yes it does. You should be able to use it for calling (Skype-to-Skype), IM, SMS, etc. However you should not be able to make video calls. You can download the app directly from the Android Market.

Message 2 of 13 (36,061 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Thanks a lot for your comment! Really appreciated.

Message 3 of 13 (36,058 Views)
Novel Adventurer

you will be able to install it but it does not login to the server !

Message 4 of 13 (34,107 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Same issue here too. What's up with that? Is there a way to fix it?

Message 5 of 13 (34,068 Views)
Novel Tourist

the skype is workiing but the video why doesn't work in galaxy mini S5570 ?? please help me

Message 6 of 13 (33,393 Views)
Novel Tourist
I got the same question everyone else asking. Why make an app that doesnt fully work??
Message 7 of 13 (30,103 Views)
Novel Tourist
same question i wana know!
Message 8 of 13 (29,869 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Hello,

I have skype app installed on my Samsung galaxy mini. It looked like working at first, found my contacts. Trouble is that I can't send IM messages simply because there is no "send" to click on. Any suggestions please?

Message 9 of 13 (26,707 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Hi  i am trying to re install Skype on my Samsung Mini butafter I had to reset the phone  All the links I can find seem to be taking me via a Google site and are insisting on me identifying myself with a google ID and password  Why?  Alternatively, can you advise of a site that gets around this

Andy

Message 10 of 13 (23,871 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 19 kudos
  • 12 in conversation