By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Delete Chat History

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

Hi ,

How can we delete the chat conversion on Android tabletes.

Specifically Samsung Galaxy Tab.

Message 1 of 11 (16,358 Views)
10 Replies
Casual Tourist

I am having the exact same problem i have the samsung galaxy tab 8.9 and need to delete my chat history i have found hundreds of the same problem please provide a a solution were is skype to help

Message 2 of 11 (16,289 Views)
Community Ambassador

If you don't have this option, this screenshot may be useless to you. This is the way to do it on my ASUS Nexus 7 and I am unsure if this is universal to all Android tablets.

Simply, from any screen where the chat history tabs are visible, tap the contextual menu button (or the vertical line consisting of three dots lined up together) and select "Remove from History." From there, you can check the ones you want to delete. Thus, you can check everything and delete everything.

I.T. Professional in Virtualisation Solutions 
(VCA-DCV - VMware Certified Associate - Data Center Virtualisation)

I'm donating my time here because
I believe Skype can change the world, one call at a time!

If I've answered your question, please give me a Kudo
and/or mark my solutions as your accepted one! (Thanks a million!)

Message 3 of 11 (16,281 Views)
Novel Tourist

My Samsung Note 10.1 doesn't come with this option. I still stuck with lots of messages in my chat conversation.

Message 4 of 11 (16,024 Views)
Novel Adventurer

From my girlfriends, Recent delete. can not. back old chat. Please clean. how how.

Message 5 of 11 (13,045 Views)
Casual Tourist

Deleting  conversations in skype can someone tell me how to do it on my asus tablet

Message 6 of 11 (12,814 Views)
Novel Adventurer

By me also!

next day recent next dag recent next dag recent,... finish no deleted! ;-(

Not like! how PC is good, tablet not. :-(

Please help me for my friendgirl.

Message 7 of 11 (12,726 Views)
Novel Tourist

Ik the feeling i have an asus tablet and i cant delete them either

Message 8 of 11 (9,671 Views)
Novel Tourist
Help my sis sent a video message on my Samsung tab 3 8.0 how do I delete it
Message 9 of 11 (9,117 Views)
Casual Tourist

How do I delete chat history on my tablet - Samsung Galaxy Tab S - it will not let me get rid of my conversation just keeps them which is annoying..................

Message 10 of 11 (5,936 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 15 kudos
  • 10 in conversation