By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Country code for USA?

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

ok i am trying to set an account up for my htc android evo 4g, when i am on the account page it asks to enter your phone number it tells me i have to enter my country code in what does this mean and where do i find my country code for USA

thanks for any help

jess

Message 1 of 11 (648,848 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Solution
Accepted by Claudius (Community Manager)
‎28-08-2015 11:00
The correct country calling code for the USA is +1.
More details here on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Numbering_Plan

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 11 (634,307 Views)
10 Replies
Novel Adventurer
The country code for USA is 011
Message 2 of 11 (648,712 Views)
Novel Tourist

why is it telling me that it is still wrong

Message 3 of 11 (642,058 Views)
Novel Adventurer
im gonna try this hope it works for me
Message 4 of 11 (637,636 Views)
Community Manager
Solution
Accepted by Claudius (Community Manager)
‎28-08-2015 11:00
The correct country calling code for the USA is +1.
More details here on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Numbering_Plan

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 5 of 11 (634,308 Views)
Novel Tourist
man i kept asking this question over and over and it would not give me the answer,,,but THANKS to YOU NOVEL ADVENTURER i have the country code for the USA, thanks again,,sincerely Shaft Prince
Message 6 of 11 (617,660 Views)
Novel Tourist

Thank u that help me but now I can't figure out how to add ppl on my phone???

Message 7 of 11 (589,383 Views)
Novel Adventurer
I put +1 and it worked fine
Message 8 of 11 (573,958 Views)
Novel Tourist

do i use011918 then my number

Message 9 of 11 (558,795 Views)
Staff Moderator

Hello,

No. With Skype you use only the code for the country you are calling + the area code and number.

For example to call to/within the United States the correct dial string is: +1 xxx xxx xxxx

TIME ZONE - US EASTERN. LOCATION - PHILADELPHIA, PA, USA.

I recommend that you always run the latest Skype version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
Message 10 of 11 (558,787 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 97 kudos
  • 11 in conversation