By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Call my desktop Skype from my smart phone Skype?

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

Can I use my smart phone (Android) Skype to call my desktop Skype. Is so, how do I set that up? Thanks!

Message 1 of 6 (1,594 Views)
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Super Adventurer
Solution
Accepted as a solution by Dennis_M
‎28-08-2015 11:00
You need at least two Skype accounts to do that
Regards,
Neil

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6 (1,620 Views)
Super Adventurer
Solution

you can create a new Skype account using any client

for example, on your smartphone, sign out of Skype for Android, and, on the Sign In screen, tap 'Create a Skype account' and follow the prompts

once created, sign in using this new account, tap Contacts, and then tap the context-sensistive menu, and select Add contacts

now key in the Skype Name of your regular account to search the Skype directory and add it to the contact list -- of course you will have to sign in with your regular credentials using an alternate client to complete the exchange of contact details

now you should be able to make calls between these Skype Names

Regards,
Neil

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6 (1,590 Views)
5 Replies
Super Adventurer
Solution
You need at least two Skype accounts to do that
Regards,
Neil
Message 2 of 6 (1,621 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Thanks, Neil. How do I do that on my mobile phone?
Message 3 of 6 (1,565 Views)
Super Adventurer
Solution

you can create a new Skype account using any client

for example, on your smartphone, sign out of Skype for Android, and, on the Sign In screen, tap 'Create a Skype account' and follow the prompts

once created, sign in using this new account, tap Contacts, and then tap the context-sensistive menu, and select Add contacts

now key in the Skype Name of your regular account to search the Skype directory and add it to the contact list -- of course you will have to sign in with your regular credentials using an alternate client to complete the exchange of contact details

now you should be able to make calls between these Skype Names

Regards,
Neil
Message 4 of 6 (1,591 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Neil, thank you so much - it worked like a charm! Sure hope you have a SUPER week.

Message 5 of 6 (1,539 Views)

Transfer post to create new thread -> Skype for Mobile: iOS message board.

Message 6 of 6 (1,472 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation