By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

4.0 Update: We Heard You

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Adventurer

@igounfazed - thank you for the screen shots.  Much appreciated.

@immediate - Here's how it works on my Galaxy S2.  First, disable wifi so that you don't get an accidental update.  Next, go to global settings for play and set auto update to wifi only.

Next, bring up the Skype app in play.  Bring up settings (left button).  There should be an "auto update" checkbox and it will be checked.  Uncheck it.

Then turn wifi back on.

Message 311 of 317 (1,297 Views)
Casual Tourist

Ugh!  Completely uninstalled 4.0; installed 3.2 and STILL no sound!

Message 312 of 317 (818 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Superb that at long last there's a "sign out" link. 

It would be really useful to be able to search for contacgts though.

And it would be good to see all Android Contacts with phone numbrs, from within Skype.

None the less, thank you for the Sign Out.

Novel Adventurer
this is my android mobile mega 6.3.I can't install skype. showing error code -24.can you tell me how to solve the problem.
Message 314 of 317 (727 Views)
Casual Adventurer

I am on a desktop PC running Windows 7.  Anytime I try to call out to a phone #, the call connects and immediately disconnects?

Message 315 of 317 (639 Views)
Routine Adventurer

I know this thread gets a hit from time to time, so an update is in order.

The fix provided within this thread of downloading and installing an older version of Skype will no longer be viable.

Skype is activiely seeking any users running an old version of Skype and blocking them from the Skype network, forcing you to update.

day! <<

Message 316 of 317 (523 Views)

I've just downloaded Skype to android mobile. In settings I've OK'd "Show Skype contacts in my phone book" but ot all have transferred. Any suggestions please?

Message 317 of 317 (319 Views)