By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

cannot access my skype

SOLVED
Go to solution
Novel Adventurer

hello,

i cannot access my account. i think the problem is related to my microsoft live account and my skype account having the same email. i have an old skype account with credit that i haven't been able to access for a month, every time i try and change my password i just end up at my live account, then I change my password and I still cant login.

i need a way of contacting and explaining this to someone but it appears skype do not give live support, can anyone help.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 1 of 13
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Ambassador

If text chat support does not appear as an option, select a different category or sub category until you get that option.

For example, text chat support is an option if I select:

Account & Sign-in
Cannot access paid services

Once connected to text chat support, explain your situation.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 4 of 13
12 Replies
Community Ambassador

You can contact Skype Customer Service by going to the support request page, putting in a topic and subtopic, then clicking on Next to proceed, if you choose other options than Next, then you are exiting support.  If you continue, you should end up getting a live chat support option.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 2 of 13
Novel Adventurer

incorrect, I am only offered community, so here I am

Flag for a Moderator
Message 3 of 13
Community Ambassador

If text chat support does not appear as an option, select a different category or sub category until you get that option.

For example, text chat support is an option if I select:

Account & Sign-in
Cannot access paid services

Once connected to text chat support, explain your situation.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 4 of 13
Casual Tourist

I have the same problem. did you solve d it? how?

Flag for a Moderator
Message 5 of 13
Novel Tourist

I have the same problem!  please help!!

Flag for a Moderator
Message 6 of 13
Highlighted
Casual Tourist

I suggest you connect to text chat support and explain your situation

[Link to external website removed by Moderator.]

Flag for a Moderator
Message 7 of 13
Reliable Tourist

hello, i tried everything to contact someone at the support i click everywhere on all options and keep going on circle, this is the worse support i have ever seen. i got a message that my account will be blocked due to prohibited usage. i am an expat and uses skype everywhere in the world, and all of a sudden this is prohibited or fraudulent i can t reach anyone and don t want my account to be closed. during christmas i couldn't t log in and found a verification email ending to one of my friends!! i have no clue how this happened luckily i called my friend and indeed she got my verification code to i click my account. What is microsoft doing with my account i have no clue and can t contact anyone !! please help

Tags (2)
Flag for a Moderator
Message 8 of 13
Novel Tourist

i cannoy access in skype

Flag for a Moderator
Message 9 of 13
Tourist

I have an old account and I can not get into it. I forget the passwrd

Flag for a Moderator
Message 10 of 13
Discussion Stats