By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Need to delete account, can't access customer support

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Novel Adventurer

Hello,

My Skype account was taken over by a spammer a couple of days ago. I've since changed my password, closed/disconnected the software and run a malware check, but my contacts tell me the spamming from my account still continues.

I was hoping to get some help from the Skype support website but it only kept me going in circles (right back to the start after I thought I'd finally found a way to contact someone) and didn't provide me a way of creating a ticket or contacting customer services for my request. I tried the account closure page, as well, but it kept forwarding me to a Microsoft service that I couldn't advance forward from. I have absolutely no way of contacting customer support since these sites keep blocking me from getting any actual help on this matter, so this'll be my last hope, I suppose.

I would like to delete my Skype account permanently since it seems it has been taken over and there isn't much more I can to recover it as it keeps sending messages despite of what I do stop it. I haven't been using my account much recently anyways, and I can always make another one later should I have more use for the software.

Please, please help me on how I can contact customer support to have my account deleted when the two sites provided on the support site do not work for me. Email? Phone number? A letter by mail?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Hi,

So the problem your having with the first step sounds like a cookie the system is picking up somewhere. Open the account closure page in a private window. If you do not have a Microsoft account then just click get a new email address. The reason for this is that while we have enabled your Skype id for login with a Microsoft account its not a full Microsoft account until it can tie you to an MSA email address. Once you have completed this you should be able to go through the account closure process which will deactivate both the MSA email and the MSA Skype name.

I appreciate that this isn't overly clear and I will feed this back.

The support request page you mention should be pushing you back into the same flow as above. I am unsure what it would simply be re-loading for you.
Allen
Community Manager

If my post was helpful please give me some Kudos. Help other users who have the same questions by marking answers as solution

13 Replies
Staff Moderator

Hello,

Try this: please contact Skype customer service  and this: 'Can I delete my Skype account?' 

TIME ZONE - US EASTERN. LOCATION - PHILADELPHIA, PA, USA.

I recommend that you always run the latest Skype version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
Novel Adventurer

Thank you for the reply, but it seems you didn't really read my post at all. I already mentioned that neither of those options work for me for some reason and that's why I really need to find a way to contact an actual person about the matter. If I could've used either of those pages to solve this matter, I would've done so already. The problem here is that I can't.

Community Manager
Itsmaihere,

Thanks for your replies, the instructions Norman has given you is the only way to contact customer support. You mention that your having problems following the account closure procedure, what problems are you encountering?

Please post any error messages as appropriate.
Allen
Community Manager

If my post was helpful please give me some Kudos. Help other users who have the same questions by marking answers as solution

Novel Adventurer

Hello Allen,

And thanks for the reply.

When I try to access the account closure page, I get directed to a Microsoft service that keeps telling me I need to merge my skype account with an ages old hotmail account, which I closed years ago. I have no way of controlling that account anymore, nor do I want to, but the site won't let me progress onwards from that point and despite several tries I never get to a point where I can actually do something about closing my account. I've removed that old hotmail account from my Skype profile, where it had been as a secondary backup email address for years, but that didn't help either.

As for the support request page, I go through the steps: Account & sign-in -> Closing a Skype account. Then it either tells me to enter the Community for help or refreshes the page back to how it was when I started. I've tried finding a way to access the text chat support, but so far I've found none.

Community Manager
Hi,

So the problem your having with the first step sounds like a cookie the system is picking up somewhere. Open the account closure page in a private window. If you do not have a Microsoft account then just click get a new email address. The reason for this is that while we have enabled your Skype id for login with a Microsoft account its not a full Microsoft account until it can tie you to an MSA email address. Once you have completed this you should be able to go through the account closure process which will deactivate both the MSA email and the MSA Skype name.

I appreciate that this isn't overly clear and I will feed this back.

The support request page you mention should be pushing you back into the same flow as above. I am unsure what it would simply be re-loading for you.
Allen
Community Manager

Novel Adventurer

Hello again Allen,

And thank you so much for the advice. I have now managed to move onwards to the account closure page. Much appreciated!

Novel Tourist
Hi, I have just changed my password for the Skype account I wanted to restrict access to. I put in random number and letters twice and haven't remembered them. So even I can't access that Skype account again! But first I put it on invisable and took off pictures and all me profile info. While I haven't cancelled this account I hopefully have made it in accessable !
Community Manager
Jollyroger,

Thanks for your post, while extreme I guess this would be effective to.

Allen
Community Manager

Novel Adventurer

How do we SPEAK to a costumer service rep?

Discussion Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 7 in conversation