By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype Community has moved

You can find the new Skype Community here. For more information please read this post.

Can no longer see contacts' local time

Highlighted
Casual Adventurer

Even Skype awarding me a "You earned the Round of Applause badge on Skype Community" just now means the morons count messages  and kudos but take absolutely NO NOTICE of the contents. NakiBest, join the forgotten customers of this inept and incompetent organisation, this conglomerate of fools.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 51 of 63
Casual Tourist

I too miss this feature, which I referenced frequently. Is there a better way to voice my concern to Skype?

Contacts in all North American time zones, Ireland, India, etc.

Skype 7.34.0.103 on Windows 7

This is a work-around:  https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

Flag for a Moderator
Message 52 of 63
Novel Adventurer

It was recommended earlier in the thread to go to the menu in Skype under "Help" -> Give Feedback.

It looks like the kind of thing that isn't monitored very rigorously and it probably isn't, given the state of Skype these days, however, it is also a known fact that Skype people (management who make decisions and devs who make decisions happen) do not use this forum, which means that for problems related to idiotic feature implementation, this forum's usefulness approaches a limit of 1 over infinity. But I guess the usefulness of Give Feedback is probably 1 over a billion, so that's "immeasurably more useful".

yeesh

Flag for a Moderator
Message 53 of 63
Casual Tourist

I agree that these features should be  added again.
A new version should bring more features, not less.
Is there any human contact point at the Skype team or only robots?

Flag for a Moderator
Message 54 of 63
Novel Adventurer

This is the stupidest out of touch with reality feature removal of all time. I have programmers that I work with all over the world and now have to goto friggin google everytime to check what time it is. IDIOTIC MOVE SKYPE!

Flag for a Moderator
Message 55 of 63
Novel Tourist

Now I have clients asking for updates on a Sunday. GJ Skype. Next update: 24 character limit and a complete URL blocker for maximum security.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 56 of 63
Casual Tourist

Absolute bull**bleep** change. Bring it back, Skype.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 57 of 63
Novel Adventurer

I was hoping that it was some temporary glitch or something, now I see that it's not. Great work removing one of the most useful features for people having friends abroad 

Flag for a Moderator
Message 58 of 63
Novel Tourist

Please restore the local time. It's ways too important !!!

Flag for a Moderator
Message 59 of 63
Novel Tourist

Also missing Timezone and Number of Contacts feature. This is really the only thing that has kept me from Discord. I'm really sad.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 60 of 63
Discussion Stats