Unwanted Calls, Video Calls and Instant Messages
1. Ignore and don’t answer the call. Or if you already answered it, disregard and DO NOT follow any instructions mentioned by the suspicious caller. DO NOT visit any site or links mentioned in the call.
2. The name of the caller will appear in your Recent tab (just beside your Contact List tab). Right-click on it and select View Profile.
Take note of the user’s display name and username, time of the call and other related details. You can flag their suspicious activity to Skype by sending the said details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Again in the Recent tab, right-click on the name of the user then select Block This Person. The Block This Person window will appear, also click the Report Abuse box then click the Block button to confirm that you want to block that contact.
After this procedure, this contact will not be able to contact you again in any way in the future.
4. Then to stop receiving such unwanted communications in the future, set your account to allow calls and instant messages from people in your contact list only. You can do this by clicking Tools >> Options >> Privacy >> Privacy Settings. Then under Allow Calls From and Allow IMs From, select People in My Contact List Only (screenshot below).
5. But if you happen to already clicked or visited the sites mentioned in those scam/scam calls, immediately run a full anti-virus and other available security scans, and change your Skype account password, and contact Skype and request to check your account for any irregularities. They may also provide you with additional details and/or instructions.
Unwanted Contact Requests
1. Unfortunately, there is currently no method to sort or filter incoming contact requests. I think it would be very difficult for Skype to determine if a certain person is a potential scammer or spammer, unless they receive relevant reports from users who receive suspicious contact requests from them.
2. Open the Contact request then click the Block Button.
3. The Block This Person window will also appear, you can click the Report Abuse box if you feel that that contact is indeed a highly potential scammer or spammer. Click the Block button to confirm your action.
4. You can also report them to email@example.com.
1. Immediately send a detailed report or description to firstname.lastname@example.org. If Possible, attach or paste a copy of the exact email message.
Furthermore, by reporting them to Skype, they will become aware of the questionable activities of those users and suspicious accounts may be put under certain restrictions, suspended, terminated, or may be banned from creating new accounts and using Skype services.