skype to skype wants $4.99

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

skype to skype wants $4.99

I downloaded Skype for iphone 5, husband downloaded Skype for his Android.  We were on my mifi  since we do not have a cell signal at the house doing a test call supposedly a "skype to skype" and it wants $4.99.  I thought that it was free.

I also tried a Skype on iphone to a landline and it wants $4.99.  I thought that this was free too.  Help.

mtnmomma
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (480 Views)

Re: skype to skype wants $4.99

Skype-to-Skype calls are free. Calls to landlines and mobile phones incur a charge.
--
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.
mkichaa
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 299
Message 2 of 4 (472 Views)

Trying to make a skype account to skype account mobile phone call and skype wants $4.99 for the call.  It's supposed to be free.  Is this a scam?  Or, what are the steps to make a call? 

mtnmomma
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (398 Views)

Please take a look here to see what's free and what costs a little: http://www.skype.com/en/what-is-skype/

If what you find on that page to be contradicting what you were expecting: Can you please explain where you learned that calls from Skype to mobile phones were supposed to be free?

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 11814
Message 4 of 4 (392 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling