Re: no notification from one user

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

no notification from one user

Hi all

i´ve iPhone 5, latest iOS, latest Skype. From one person in my contact list, I don´t recieve messages - I´ve to open Skype on iPhone, go to IM with this person and than all messages from him to me (and also the opossite direction) comes to our conversation. No push notification, Nothing. but on PC and also on Mac it works normally. And on iPhone, messages from other ppl in my conatct list works normaly

I tried to restart iPhone, uninstall/install Skype, block/unblock person, add person to Favourite group, disable wi-fi and use cellular only.... nothing help.

any idea please?

thanksy

Zdenek

jmh2002
Casual Adventurer

Accepted Solution

I have a similar problem and replied as follows in this thread: http://community.skype.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-and-iPad/v-4-17-Not-receiving-any-notifications-now/m-p/2864453#M24630

I did some troubleshooting with this and noted the following:

- If my friend with an old version 5.8 of skype for windows messages me, I get the notification on my laptop no problem

- On the phone I get the message, but no notification for it

- If I test with the latest version 6.11 of skype for windows, notifications work perfectly on the phone, without any problems.

I think this could be a big part of the problem. But maybe you guys can do the same tests?

View solution in original post
zdenek.sofr
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 8 (1,416 Views)

I have a similar problem and replied as follows in this thread: http://community.skype.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-and-iPad/v-4-17-Not-receiving-any-notifications-now/m-p/286...

I did some troubleshooting with this and noted the following:

- If my friend with an old version 5.8 of skype for windows messages me, I get the notification on my laptop no problem

- On the phone I get the message, but no notification for it

- If I test with the latest version 6.11 of skype for windows, notifications work perfectly on the phone, without any problems.

I think this could be a big part of the problem. But maybe you guys can do the same tests?

jmh2002
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 2 of 8 (1,391 Views)

this is not my case. latest Skype on my iPhone, my Mac and also my Windows machine. Also the latest iOs on iPhone of my affected colleague, also the laste version on Windows notebook of Skype of affected user

But thanks for idea

zdenek

zdenek.sofr
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 8 (1,382 Views)

wow, great. to update Skype on Win of collegaue and problem solved. I´m just suprised, that Skype a s part of MS SW didn´t chceck itself for updates, when checking for MS updates

thanks a lot

zdenek.sofr
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 8 (1,348 Views)

Thats great news! Im happy I was able to prove my theory. It also means I know what is the solution for my friend too :happy:

Re Microsoft / Skype updates, yes, it is included. But that doesnt necessarily mean that a user will actually take the update.

In my friends case, she is purposely running an older version, because she still has XP on her PC and trouble with a Skype update at one point in the past.

I imagine there are atually millions of users running old versions, so Im surprised there is not more activity about this subject.

jmh2002
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 5 of 8 (1,330 Views)

Hi,

I am not getting message from one contact and both them and I have the latest version of Skype? I am on my iPhone 4 and have all the latest software and they are on a Mac with the latest software?
It's only one contact the rest are all ok and it has only been happening in the last 4 days where before it worked perfectly?
Posted from Apple iPhone
Rocky781234
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 8 (719 Views)

Strange situation... Where are support staff?

a141163
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 8 (563 Views)

Yes and it came back to showing a notification a few days later for about a hour then disappeared again?
Posted from Apple iPhone
Rocky781234
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 8 (532 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling