no Audio for SKype video call on IPAD 2 os 4.3

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

no Audio for SKype video call on IPAD 2 os 4.3

I am not getting any audio for Skype video call on IPAD2 os 4.3

There is no Tools -- options -- audio Settings  configuration setting on the Skype application running on IPAD.

The IPAD microphone is working, as another application is able to recover voice memos.

Omiga56
Novel Tourist

Accepted Solution

Very small button bottom right on back of iPad,next to sound switch bar. switch it from red to a closed position, so you can't see the red light. This will solve problem. It also explains why it worked previously, as you may have switched it accidentally when adjusting your sound!
View solution in original post
dilippatel1001
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 1 of 17 (49,265 Views)

Re: no Audio for SKype video call on IPAD 2 os 4.3

Learned this tip from Papa Bear on the old community site:

Try powering off the iPad and restarting it.

sw_work
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 2 of 17 (49,155 Views)

I have the same problem. I've deleted the app and reinstalled. I've powered down numerous times but still no luck. I don't seem to be able to adjust the sound settings in Skype (there's a mic icone but no sound/volume icon anywhere). Have you resolved your issue and, if so, how? 

0 Kudos
anjpur
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 17 (49,074 Views)

I had the same problem--I went into iTunes and turned the volume up...shazam
0 Kudos
rmhans4
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 17 (47,236 Views)

Thanks for the info, getting no sound from iPad2 on skype (new to me this Xmas and no experience of Apple foibles); simple solution but not intuitive although I guess 0% volume in iTunes is the default setting. Something for Apple tech guys to sort maybe.

Anybody know if I can get a G3 SIM card for the Bahamas (BaTelCo?) in UK?

0 Kudos
frandepco
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 17 (46,075 Views)

I posted this on another, similar, subject: Last night I was working with Skype on my iPad 2 & my boyfriend's laptop to figure out why I could hear him but he couldn't hear me. On his laptop, in Skype, I went under Tools/Options/Audio Settings, from there he can change his microphone volume is that I can hear him.... Plus he has the option to listen to me through "Independent Headphones" OR "Speakers/Headphones". Once I selected Speakers/Headphones he was able to hear me on my iPad. Our problem solved. I can't wait to try it out, since he's working out of town for 2 weeks. Hope this helps a few of you out there.
0 Kudos
rhyssa_b
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 6 of 17 (45,742 Views)

I don't mean to sound stupid, but how do you turn the volume up in iTunes? I hit the iTunes app on my iPad screen but cannot find an option within it to turn up the volume.
Posted from Apple iPad
Smpahmiy
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 7 of 17 (40,373 Views)

I just did it! I don't know what I'm doing either.
pick the MUSIC app and the first page has a slider bar. It worked to make my Skype test call audible.
Good luck
Rob1414
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 17 (38,894 Views)

I get the same problem

Posted from Apple iPad
Molokai420
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 17 (32,066 Views)

Where are you seeing a slider bar in music on iTunes?
Posted from Apple iPad
0 Kudos
Carriejjb
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 17 (31,444 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling