iphone group video call

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

iphone group video call

from skype website, on iphone page it clearly says iphone supports group video call with premium subcription but then in support page it sais it does not. can anybody clarify? thanks

"Get even more out of Skype on iPhone such as group video calls with skype premium; unlimited calling with a subscription; or pay as you go calls with skype credit And all paying customers get a totally ad-free Skype experience, too."

Can I participate in a group video call?

No, the call will automatically switch to audio only, as Skype for iPhone does not support group video calling.

Pay a little and get a lot out of Skype

sam1231
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 7 (6,922 Views)

Re: iphone group video call

I upgraded to skype premium to group call with my friends but when ever I put anyone into a video call (and they have ios) it says they need to update to skype 5.0 or higher... but it does work with audio calls.

Nix99
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 7 (5,533 Views)

Not an mobile device issue, but how can I use my skype credit to pay as I go for group video calls? Is it possible?

jeff169
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 7 (2,600 Views)

Hi, Jeff169, and welcome to the Community,

Sorry to be the one to inform; group video calls (more than two participants) require a Skype Premium subscription.  One participant on the call must be a Premium subscriber.  Therefore, Skype Credit does not apply.

Regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Update! :happy:  In my instruction on how to contact Skype Customer Service , the blue "Send" button has been replaced with a green Next button; to file a request via e-mail, click "Send."

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tip: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1714
Message 4 of 7 (2,585 Views)

Thanks Elaine - that's a pity :sad: It would be good to have a 'pay as you go' option for the occassional group video call.

jeff169
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 7 (2,543 Views)

Hi, Jeff169,

Please accept my apology for not thinking of this previously: a Premium subscription "day pass" is available for purchase:

https://secure.skype.com/account/buy/video?product-type=sp-global-daypass-10

Get a day pass

Try out a Premium account for the day for just $4.99 - get group video calling, group screen sharing and live chat customer support. Does not include calls to phones.

Again, apologies for the oversight.

Regards,
Elaine
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Update! :happy:  In my instruction on how to contact Skype Customer Service , the blue "Send" button has been replaced with a green Next button; to file a request via e-mail, click "Send."

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tip: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1714
Message 6 of 7 (2,444 Views)

[ Edited ]

well since skype announce free group video calling forever u can group video call on your idevices without premium but since skype doesn't allow GVC for ios and android u cant do group video on mobile and tablet but u can do it on pc or other console even mac

PM me if you need help

IOS jailbreaker and gamer dude 

Mr.Prononymous
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 7 (1,176 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling