iphone doesnt ring

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

iphone doesnt ring

i have an iphone 4s with skype installed.  is there a way  to make the phone ring when i have a skype call? thx

Posted from Apple iPad
wd9ewk
Super Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

joevesh wrote:

i have an iphone 4s with skype installed.  is there a way  to make the phone ring when i have a skype call? thx

Yes, there is.  Go into the phone's Settings, and then to Notifications.  Add the Skype app to the Notification Center.  Once it is there, select the Skype app and do the following:

Make sure Notification Center is ON.  Select an Alert Style (banner across the top of the display, or a larger alert that would appear in the center of the display).  Then turn on the last 3 options - Badge App Icon, Sounds, and View in Lock Screen.  This will allow the app to ring you when someone calls your Skype account, including when the app is running in the background. 

View solution in original post
joevesh
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 24 (23,454 Views)

Re: iphone doesnt ring

joevesh wrote:

Yes, there is.  Go into the phone's Settings, and then to Notifications.  Add the Skype app to the Notification Center.  Once it is there, select the Skype app and do the following:

Make sure Notification Center is ON.  Select an Alert Style (banner across the top of the display, or a larger alert that would appear in the center of the display).  Then turn on the last 3 options - Badge App Icon, Sounds, and View in Lock Screen.  This will allow the app to ring you when someone calls your Skype account, including when the app is running in the background. 

---
Patrick

Location/Ubicacion: Arizona USA
Time Zone/Hora Local: UTC/GMT -7

If this message has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.

Si esto mensaje le ha ayudado, por favor haga clic en "Aceptar como solución". Si encuentra un mensaje útil, por favor "Da Kudos" al final del mensaje, por lo que esta información puede beneficiar a otros.

I am not a Skype employee. No soy un empleado de Skype.
wd9ewk
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 634
Message 2 of 24 (23,449 Views)

I have done all that you said to do, but I still do not get any type of tone when someone skypes me...all that happens, is my phone vibrates.

heatherbradham
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 24 (22,858 Views)

Make sure you have the switch above the volume control on the side of the iPad switched to on.  We were having the same problem, and this did the trick!

DandD
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 4 of 24 (22,613 Views)

Have followed your settings for iphone, but Skype-to-Skype mobile alerts for only for one very brief burst.  There is not enough time to take the phone out of its belt case, flick it on, and answer the incoming Skype-to-Skype call.  The unanswered Skype-to-Skype call immediately forwards to cell number, therefore eliminating the Skype-to-Skype call.

How can I set the incoming Skype-to-Skype mobile alert so that it rings enough times to actually answer the call.

Thanks

word-werx
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 5 of 24 (22,439 Views)

Re: iphone doesn't ring

My iPhone is ringing audibly when it is not on silent but on both silent and ring it doesn't vibrate more than one short pulse. How is that of any use? I think its a message. Or I don't notice it. It should vibrate fully. 

grahas
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 8
Message 6 of 24 (19,114 Views)

Thanks for the response.  Your instructions for turning on the Skype cell phone ring are accurate, however the initial problem is not resolved.  The cell phone rings on Skype-to-Skype, but not for enough time to unlock the screen and answer the call.  It is impossible to answer the phone fast enough.  Is there a way to extend the Skype-to-Skype ring time, or to auto-answer? 

Thanks

word-werx
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 24 (19,113 Views)

I have this same issue! I hoped by turning off voice mail it would solve the problem but litterally it is not enough time. I have tried answering as soon as the call comes in. but it is not enoguh time.

grahas
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 8
Message 8 of 24 (19,109 Views)

Until Microsoft took over, Skype was a European company.  Maybe they expect all Americans to be cowboy fast draw artists to get the phone out of its holster and answer on one brief ring.

word-werx
Casual Adventurer
Message 9 of 24 (19,101 Views)

Answers to a couple of questions:

1.  On the phone ringing.  I think it will only ring for a while if you take the ringer off mute.  You do this by switching on the ringer (the switch above the volume buttons).  If the ringer is off, from what I can tell, the vibrate only happens once.

2.  As for timing of Skype call before it forwards to another number.  Go to Skype/Preferences/Calls/Set up Forwarding.  Here you can set how long the call stays on Skype prior to forwarding

houserecipe
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 10 of 24 (17,879 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling