Re: iphone doesnt ring

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

There is no preferences setting using the Skype for iPhone app or using on the web site. I've tried everything else. I'm sure the app just doesn't ring long enough but I can't find this preferences tab.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Kanova
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 11 of 21 (3,248 Views)

I have the latest version of ios

But ever since installing the latest version myiphone does not ring if the application is running in the background

I have been using iphone with skype for four years

colgoldy
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 12 of 21 (3,231 Views)

I checked my settings and learned that I had already done all of the above, but my iPhone still doesn't ring when I receive a Skype call.  Are there any other settings I need to change??? thx

GoofyiPhone
Novel Adventurer
Message 13 of 21 (3,216 Views)

Yes mine is the same issue

All settings are correct but it still does not ring

colgoldy
Casual Adventurer
Message 14 of 21 (3,207 Views)

The solution doesn't work on my iPhone or on my wife's iPhone.  Does anyone have any other ideas?  Skype works great on my home computer (Microsoft)...

GoofyiPhone
Novel Adventurer
Message 15 of 21 (3,170 Views)

If skype runs in background it should ring once you get calls. You should check the setting in Setting > skype > alert and setting > notification center >. Mine works IFFF it is running in the background otherwise it doesn't.  

rebazg
Novel Tourist
Message 16 of 21 (2,841 Views)

tried all the list needs to do but still not working... :sad:(

momzilas24
Novel Adventurer
Message 17 of 21 (2,821 Views)

I am having the same issue as everyone else who already posted. My iPhone 5 does not ring if it is in locked mode.  It only rings if I am on the home screen in active mode.  This is very frustrating.

I have followed all the recommended steps, and it does not help.  I have given up and set it to forward my calls to my mobile -  I hope that works.  But I would like to use video skype calling so this is a drag.

On the locked screen or asleep screen, I only get a very brief alert.  No sounds.  If I happen to be staring at the screen, I see the alert briefly, but there is no time to answer the call even if I'm waiting for the call.  This is clearly not working right. I wonder if Apple is sabotaging our use of Skype on iPhone so that people will switch to Facetime?

I hope someone finds a solution for this.

RebeccaL
Novel Adventurer
Message 18 of 21 (2,187 Views)

I found the solution that workes at list for me :happy:

For iphone 4

Go to Settings

Found the Skype app

Go to Sounds make it be with the green color (slide)

Now I have my Skype working without problem!!

:happy:

Melissa11111
Novel Tourist
Message 19 of 21 (2,038 Views)

I have had the same issue with numerous phones.. iPhone, Android, Nokia. My friend has also had this problem and so has my wife. In fact, five minutes ago we were both chatting via Google chat and trying to co-ordinate a Skype call. Neither could ring the other person. Also had Skype running on my computer and this didn't ring. The person calling just rings and rings and rings. NO evidence of a call being received by the other party.

This, in combination with slow-to-deliver IM's has proven enough. I am done with Skype and likely will be my wife and extended family. And after spending ALOT of money on Skype credit over the years. Sorry to post this here!  

gfish
Casual Tourist
Message 20 of 21 (1,983 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling