ipad 3 video problem

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

ipad 3 video problem

The skype application isn't recognizing my camera and won't allow me to make a video call. I went to the apple store to find out of if there were any problems with the ipad (and it's camera) and they are working fine.  Does the SKYPE application need updating for IPAD3?  if not, how can i fix this problem?

oneill
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 14
Message 1 of 60 (17,695 Views)

Re: ipad 3 video problem

Same problem here. Just got 3rd gen ipad Friday march 16. When logging into Skype, Camera defaulting to off. I can turn the back camera on sometimes and other party sees what I see and then sometimes from there I can turn on front camera and then video freezes, but most of time out going (my picture) is not transmitting. camera keeps going back to off position! However I can see the other party just fine. Other party has 2 nd gen iPad. Also like everyone says, the Skype toolbar no longer accessible!
Bevd
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 60 (17,577 Views)

I tried using Skype for Ipad on my new Ipad (3rd generation). The call went through with the audio but I did not get an image back of my friend.  I could see myself in the lower right hand corner and she was able to see me. She has a Mac computer.  It kept saying image initiating but an image never came up on my screen.  Tried deleting the ap and reloading but it does the same thing.  No incoming picture.

AliD
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 7
Message 3 of 60 (17,494 Views)

Same problem.  Contacts didn't synch.  Get message that contacts on computer Skype need to give permission! 

virusgal
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 4 of 60 (17,119 Views)

I am on the new iPad and I can hear the other person but can not see them and they can not see me. Did you find out how to fix the problem?
Posted from Apple iPad
Sarapayne22
Casual Tourist
Message 5 of 60 (16,743 Views)

Same problem here I can see my video on the bottom right hand corner but they do not see me at there end however audio is fine,

They are using an Ipad 2.

Keithpaw
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 60 (16,086 Views)

Hello everyone, I, too, cannot see the other person, but I can hear them. Is there a response from Skype?
Posted from Apple iPad
mscatinboston
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 7 of 60 (16,077 Views)

Hey I had the exact same problem, is there a different program that allows proper video calling?
Posted from Apple iPad
vdubious
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 60 (15,938 Views)

Same problem, this is the 2nd time this has happened. I can see and hear the other person but they cannot see me although my picture is in the little square in the right hand lower corner. They can hear me but can't see me....please fix....my husband is in afghanistan
Posted from Apple iPad
Jenshane0606
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 60 (15,932 Views)

I have the same problem with viewing video on my iPad 2!  It doesn't work at all!  I've read all of these common problems and I still haven't seen a response from Skype?  Do they even know how to fix this main issue?  Is there a better video chatting service for free that actually works?

timschmidt34
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 60 (15,883 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling