incoming skype calls are not ringing on my iphone

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

incoming skype calls are not ringing on my iphone

incoming skype calls are not ringing on my iphone.  It used to work but now doesn't. I can't find anywhere in the settings to fix this.

Any suggestions?

capnani
Novel Tourist

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

0 Kudos

I had the same problem all you have to do is to log off your skype and log on again that should do it, mine is working now. You don't need to go to setting or change anything.

Enjoy

View solution in original post
Skype247
Novel Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

0 Kudos

I Was having the same problem but found that by turning on the small button on the left side of the phone near the volume buttons sorted it for me, try that and you may be surprised

View solution in original post
kotsl5
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 9
Message 1 of 39 (39,171 Views)

Re: incoming skype calls are not ringing on my iphone

Ever since iOS5 the ringer and display does not work. No notifications.

I live in a gated community and the gate is assigned to my Skype number. I also have clients who call me and they aren't getting through.

If I have to purchase a land line, I will sue in small claims for the cost of the service and loss of service.

Do not waste anyone's time with cookie-cutter answers.

My Skype isn't ringing nor shows up on the screen ever since iOS5. You should have been working on this with the developer packs.

I've deleted and reinstalled 3x. It is running. Volume is correct.

This is outrageous as I pay for Skype and am thinking of canceling and demanding a full refund.

You are pushing things towards class litigation here in the US. There is no excuse.

Microsoft now owns Skype. They are a US corporation and are liable.

iPhone4
iOS5
Skype 3.5.117(3.5.0.117)
Notifications: Sound ON Alerts ON
Volume is at 100%
Ringer is at 100%
voom54
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 2 of 39 (39,090 Views)

Found a solution that works: go to Settings, then Notifications, then scroll down to Skype. Turn Notification Center ON, select ALERTS as the Alerts Style, then turn on Badge App Icon, Sounds, and View in Lock Screen. One more step so Skype doesn't log you out: Go back to Settings, scroll down to Skype, and turn on Sign In Automatically, then in the Go Offline section select NEVER, then in Notifications turn on both Sounds and Alerts. That should do it. Now my phone rings and Skype never goes Offline unless I log myself out on purpose.
Posted from Apple iPad
Gabrielsipa
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 15
Message 3 of 39 (39,068 Views)

Mine is set up exactly like you described, but skype is still unreliable. Attempts to contact me fail more often than not.

jwarthman
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 4 of 39 (39,066 Views)

I can not hear the ringer on the SKYPE app. The volume is fine once connected to the network but can not raise the ringer volume. Ringer volume is correct for built in cell  phone. I can change volume on all other apps but not SKYPE.

Using version skype version 3.6.218

iPhone4 iOS 4.1

it seems to be an ongoing issue. I have paid for a number and unlimited service but can not hear calls. What is being done?

beemerbear
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 39 (38,526 Views)

I have exactly the same problem, same full settings. Skype stays on for hours but often it logs off for unknown reasons. This makes it totally unreliable to get a call.  I noticed this mostly overnight. Next morning it is off.   There must be a way for Skype to fix it since, for example, FRING never goes off even after weeks.

iPhone 4  iOS 5.0.1   Skype 3.6.218

taf
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 39 (38,332 Views)

The same happens with my Skype v3.6.218 after i upgraded to iOS5. Now it drives me insane be logging off by itself after being left alone for a while. A lot of people complain about this for weeks even months but nothing gets fixed. I can't believe that that kind of technical issue cannot be addressed for this long, for me now it is ethier Apple trying to switch us to FaceTime or Microsoft playing some insane game.

ed123
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 7 of 39 (38,313 Views)

i paid for a number and yearly subscription and all i get is MISSING CALLS! can skype address this issue please? im being extremely frustrated.
tattyoli
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 8 of 39 (38,247 Views)

I had the same problem today.

This thread worked for me:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Call-quality/Not-ringing-when-not-in-app/m-p/386445

grig
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 39 (37,913 Views)

Worked for me.. thanks!!
adv10
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 10 of 39 (36,738 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling