iPad microphone

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

iPad microphone

can' t speak but can hear on Skype for iPad. How do you unmute the microphone to speak on ipad
Posted from Apple iPad
Patrickberney
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 13
Message 1 of 26 (40,606 Views)

Re: iPad microphone

Same problem, worked fine until I changed from Skype for iPhone to Skype for iPad.
Posted from Apple iPad
Skippern
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 2 of 26 (40,587 Views)

I am having the exact same problem. No one can hear me but I can hear them.
Posted from Apple iPad
heat_on_my_hip
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 9
Message 3 of 26 (40,547 Views)

Just the opposite for me. I first downloaded Skype on my iPad then later downloaded it on my iPhone. Now that u mention it, I believe that's about the time I started having this problem.
Posted from Apple iPad
heat_on_my_hip
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 26 (40,545 Views)

OK STAND BY Y'all. I think I may have a solution.
Posted from Apple iPad
heat_on_my_hip
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 26 (40,542 Views)

Ok Y'all. I think I have a solution. I think what is happening is that if you have 2 apps (one Skype app on the iPhone and 1 on the iPad) both are pulling for rescourses. I deleted the app on my iPhone and then had no problem. They can hear me again. I think if u have 2 Skype apps on the SAME NETWORK, this will happen. I think this will only work if each of your devises are on separate networks.
Posted from Apple iPad
heat_on_my_hip
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 26 (40,540 Views)

SKYPE ADMINS? You owe me, whatever your going rate is, for tech support. LOL : )
Posted from Apple iPad
heat_on_my_hip
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 26 (40,538 Views)

Also, turning off one of your devises will probably work as well if you don't want to delete one of the Skype apps.
Posted from Apple iPad
heat_on_my_hip
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 26 (40,536 Views)

i'm still not able to be heard (but i can hear others on my ipad) and i don't have skype on any other devices. any thoughts?

thank you!!

debbiehayward1
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 9 of 26 (39,396 Views)

Last night I was working with Skype on my iPad 2 & my boyfriend's laptop to figure out why I could hear him but he couldn't hear me. On his laptop, in Skype, I went under Tools/Options/Audio Settings, from there he can change his microphone volume is that I can hear him.... Plus he has the option to listen to me through "Independent Headphones" OR "Speakers/Headphones". Once I selected Speakers/Headphones he was able to hear me on my iPad. Our problem solved. I can't wait to try it out, since he's working out of town for 2 weeks. Hope this helps a few of you out there.
rhyssa_b
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 10 of 26 (39,157 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling