iPad doesn't ring

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

iPad doesn't ring

I'm new to Skype, and seem to have got it working except for one thing. If someone rings me it shows up on the iPad screen, but there is no ring tone. I have tried changing the mute/lock rotation fix, but nothing changed. Can anyone help? I have an iPad 2.

Livefats
Novel Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Hi Dorothyross2, for me it was as simple as switching the mute toggle on the side of the iPad from on (red showing) to on (grey). Took me ages to find it - Religionprof on this thread http://community.skype.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-and-iPad/No-ring-audio-on-Ipad/m-p/133498 gave me the clue.

HTH: and good luck!

View solution in original post
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Glastocat
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 21
Message 1 of 68 (70,687 Views)

Re: iPad doesn't ring

Please use plain text.
Kadri
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 226
Message 2 of 68 (70,635 Views)

the Ipad does not ring when incoming video calls come in.     It did at first, but I think an update caused it to stop...  Looks like lots of people have the same problem, so why?

I have tried different Skye apps, but with no luck on either.   Help.  driving me crazy.

Please use plain text.
dorothyross2
Tourist
Kudos: 8
Message 3 of 68 (69,782 Views)

Hi Dorothyross2, for me it was as simple as switching the mute toggle on the side of the iPad from on (red showing) to on (grey). Took me ages to find it - Religionprof on this thread http://community.skype.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-and-iPad/No-ring-audio-on-Ipad/m-p/133498 gave me the clue.

HTH: and good luck!
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Livefats
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 4 of 68 (67,728 Views)

Worked like a charm!!!! Thanks : )

Posted from Amazon KFTT
Please use plain text.
caya
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 68 (67,553 Views)

What I need to do? I cannot hear the ring ton sound

Please use plain text.
alidamontgomery
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 6 of 68 (65,697 Views)

This is Great! I have been trying to fix this for the longest time.  I forgot there was a mute button, but would not have thought it muted the incoming ring.  Thanks for the information:happy:.

Please use plain text.
rodes
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 7 of 68 (63,961 Views)

You are not alone with this issue. I also am having this problem as many others that are using this update. It's a mystery why Skype is not addressing this issue, they know it exists!

Please use plain text.
jla3034
Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 8 of 68 (62,740 Views)

Go to settings and then notification center. In the include add Skype. This will solve the problem.
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Karachite00
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 9 of 68 (60,754 Views)

I have an iPad mini. I've changed my sound settings... I hound for sure I would hear it ring. My mute button on the side is not mute. I changed it to screen rotation lock. I can see calls, but I just can't hear them. Everything else is completely fine. Just wanna know why I can't hear my significant other calling me... I'm in the military and I rely on Skype. Please tell me how to fix this problem so that I won't miss so many calls.
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Ravonderelle
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 10 of 68 (57,175 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling