editing contacts phone numbers on iphone not possi...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

editing contacts phone numbers on iphone not possible

For Skype on the iPhone (and apparently on the iPad?), there is no way to change an existing contact's phone number. The workaround seems to be to add a new contact for that person with the new phone number. Then get that contact to change his/her phone number in Skype (right?)

As an aside, on my Windows PC Skype app, it took me a while, but I found I could edit the phone number there, by clicking the little arrow head to the right of the "Call Mobile" button, hovering on the Mobile number, and then clicking on the pencil symbol to its right, which is used either to edit the number, or delete it.

This information is no doubt elsewhere on the Forum, much as the needle is somewhere in the proverbial haystack.

rswenso
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 6 (1,196 Views)

Re: editing contacts phone numbers on iphone not possible

Shame, disgusting , horrific, idiotic.
They had a big meeting - Microsoft and Skype together - and MS asked themselves how we ruin this lovable useful app. Let's make it completely impossible to manage, edit or change the contacts. Great idea! This is exactly what people want!!!

Thank you Microsoft for taking over Skype and then destroying it!!!! Microsoft is always curious why people don't like it... Here's an example.
MS skype is on its knees begging people to switch to a different application.

SHAME!!!!!!!
Posted from Apple iPad
Gorilla777
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 6 (660 Views)

I quite agree. What is/are the name(s) of the person(s) responsible? He/She/They should be named and shamed. All I want to do is edit a contact to add a new number. I can't. I want to pass on someone's number to a friend but after I have created the contact I cannot get in to see what the number is. I am very annoyed.
Posted from Apple iPad
daonoy
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 6 (644 Views)

Exactly... More then 10 years I have been using skype almost on a daily base. I pay for skype out every month. Now I am not even allowed to see my contacts info, cannot edit , cannot change a number. Contacts which I created carefully and have information such as addresses and notes are all gone.

Just because someone at MS felt like doing it - completely insane and against all logic. Who decides on such drastic negative changes ??? Why everything that works well has to be harmed in the name of another graphic interface or another update?
Posted from Apple iPhone
Gorilla777
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 6 (636 Views)

[ Edited ]

Totally agree.  The old Skype app was FANTASTIC.   I could do everything I wanted on it-- edit contacts, listen to voicemail, everything that was important to me.

This new Skype for iPhone app is HORRIBLE.  They deleted most of the features, leaving nothing left but a way to place a call or SMS. 

Did a contact change their number?  Too bad for you-- you can't edit the contact anymore.  Gotta start over with a new record and KEY IN EVERYTHING AGAIN.

Someone leave a voicemail?  Too bad-- you can't listen to it.  Gotta wait until you get home to your laptop or PC to hear it.  No way to hear it on the mobile device anymore.

Whoever is responsible for this train wreck should be not just fired, but publicly named and shamed.  No excuse, no justification.  I'm paying $60 a year (skype-out plus skype-number) and have to use a worthless piece-of-crap app as Microsoft/Skype's way of saying "thanks".

Forget it.  I'm just going to upgrade my cell plan and ditch Skype when my paid-thru term expires.

NetworkDoctor
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 6 (622 Views)

In my Laptop Skype,   I can change the phone number,   but when I go to my iPad version,  the phone numbers remain untouched.   why can't skype transfer that to other devices.   Also,  Facebook is now integrated with Skype,   shame on M$ for bastardizing Skype.   So,  really,  what is a workaround please.    This is absolurely rediculous.   Now,  I have to go to my contacts list and copy and paste it into the Phone number box....  HOW CRUDE is that,  and why is M$ really punish us,  by taking this extra step.

So,   really,   what IS the workaroound.

jdcrunchman
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 6 (433 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling