cannot delete chat history on iPad

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

cannot delete chat history on iPad

Hello.
I installed Skype on the iPad.
I think I have a problem like this.

Chat about the past can not delete records.
Why is that
and how we can solve.
Thank you.

savasozer
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 11 (38,159 Views)

Re: cannot delete chat history on iPad

Put your iPad on landscape side, open Skype , touch the icon of your contact under the recent chat on the left column, slide to left, touch the delete in red color.
kwinghui
Esteemed Adventurer
Kudos: 259
Message 2 of 11 (38,153 Views)

Slide red delete for chat history works till you go back to skype and then old chat history is back. Only way I find it works is to completely un install (delete) skype from I pad. Do this over night and next morning go bk to app store and re install. Real pain in the neck but skype is real archaic.
Posted from Apple iPad
rhchristen
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 11 (37,319 Views)

[ Edited ]
Why do you reply such an old post ? The new version of Skype for iPad has already fixed this problem. Open Skype, tap the RECORD on the left column, the chat history appears on the right side. Hold each chat history and slide to left, DELETE appear, tap DELETE to delete the chat history.
kwinghui
Esteemed Adventurer
Kudos: 259
Message 4 of 11 (37,306 Views)

thank you very much you answered a big question I had.
palmbs
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 11 (37,130 Views)

This was not the complete answer, and my son figured it out for me!! I was very frustrated. Kept swiping still there! First remove the chat from your "recent" column on the left, by swiping across the persons name, then the red button appears says "close". The chat is now moved to "history". If you select the chat in "history", it will be moved back to "recent". Just swipe the names under "recent" to move to "history" The trick(!) is to now swipe (not select, but swipe) the person's name & chat from within the "history" tab. Then a red button that says "delete" will appear. Select and it will be gone! Success! I'm so happy he figured this out for me! From, a happy mother.
PhuongBall
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 6 of 11 (36,633 Views)

[ Edited ]
Very helpful!!! :happy: @mr.kwinghui
Posted from Apple iPad
rhya27
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 11 (28,381 Views)

savasozer wrote:

Hello.
I installed Skype on the iPad.
I think I have a problem like this.

Chat about the past can not delete records.
Why is that
and how we can solve.
Thank you.

anphuanbinh
Casual Tourist
Message 8 of 11 (24,261 Views)

Thank you so much for your advise, i was also getting frustrated no being able to figure it out - works perfectly now - thank you
lpbusybee
Casual Tourist
Message 9 of 11 (18,332 Views)

Thank you kwingui you gave us the best answer and sorry mr phuong ball for me did not work what your son to you.
Posted from Apple iPad
dita491
Casual Tourist
Message 10 of 11 (15,698 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling