can't hear other person (they can hear me)

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

can't hear other person (they can hear me)

When I receive a Skype call on my iphone, I can't hear the other person but they can hear me.  It is happening with more than one person, so I don't think it is their settings.  My speakers are not muted.  I can't even hear a Skype test call.

My Skype used to work on my iphone (it still works fine on my computer).  I tried deleting the Skype app and reloading but that didn't solve the problem.

Please help me

aa4280
Tourist
Kudos: 18
Message 1 of 15 (11,194 Views)

Re: can't hear other person (they can hear me)

I have the opposite problem, when I call from my iPhone they can't hear me but I can hear them.
My volume is up, speakers not muted, checked it all and have no idea!
nicole_parisi
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 12
Message 2 of 15 (11,164 Views)

I have been having the same issue too. making calls from my mobile phone the person i call can not hear me..........all my credit money for this bad calls has gone !!!
Posted from Samsung GT-I9001
rprimer
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 3 of 15 (10,953 Views)

I updated my skype a couple of hours ago as it was due an update and since then the volume from the other end is very very low barely audible. Can anybody help please?
Phathi
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 4 of 15 (10,923 Views)

They can hear me , but I carnt hear them . I have checked all my settings
Beauty12
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 5 of 15 (10,406 Views)

I have checked my speakers and Microphone.  This is with my PC not a phone.

golfcart6
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 15 (10,030 Views)

Can't hear other person (they can hear me. I do not skype on my phone only my laptop Windows 7. It never has happened before, but we have had a lot of problems with the audio. Please help
alvinbickel
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 7 of 15 (9,988 Views)

I have the same problem with my PC. How can I find a solution? So I can't hear the person who calls me, but he/she can hear me very good. The test-service don't work as well. I have also re-installed skype many times without results. It's urgent...

Thank you! Grt Judith

aa4280 wrote:

When I receive a Skype call on my iphone, I can't hear the other person but they can hear me.  It is happening with more than one person, so I don't think it is their settings.  My speakers are not muted.  I can't even hear a Skype test call.

My Skype used to work on my iphone (it still works fine on my computer).  I tried deleting the Skype app and reloading but that didn't solve the problem.

Please help me

judith123
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 8 of 15 (9,643 Views)

I am having the same problem on my laptop. Skype tech support? You out there? Please explain why this is happening!!

fionakeyes
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 9 of 15 (9,340 Views)

having problem hearing other person on my samsung tablet. can barely hear the ring tone when i make a call. they can hear me very clearly.  is support going to provide a solution or not?

mandpwinser
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 10 of 15 (9,002 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling