call recording - help turning it off

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

call recording - help turning it off

[ Edited ]
i just got Skype for the iPad and when I am on a call the border on the iPad home screen comes on red and says Skype recording. how do I turn is off and how do. get access to the recorded call files ? thanks
Posted from Apple iPad
jt99
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 1 of 11 (44,850 Views)

Re: call recording - help turning it off

Hi, 

The red "double-high" bar shown at the top of your screen is actually shown by Apple for any application that is using the microphone in the background and it shows "App name (recording)" by default for any app that uses the microphone in the background. This also applies to Skype while there is a call in progress. (it's the iOS notification that creates the confusion) - in reality no calls are recorded.

I hope this explains it. 

-----

If you found my post helpful, please give "Kudos". If my post solved the issue, please mark it as a solution.

Click here to find out how to contact Customer Service directly
sirel
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 42
Message 2 of 11 (44,832 Views)

I have the same problem as Jt99. I just installed Skype on my iPad and tried the test call but the test call and the red Skype (recording) bar won't turn off. How do I turn off the test call?
Posted from Apple iPad
Wc925
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 11 (44,829 Views)

I believe that I'm getting the skype recording red bar during instances when I'm in *other* apps. For example, I've been playing a station on Slacker ... (an older version of slacker 2.1.4 for iphone, that doesn't have any microphone or recording functionality) ... then poof, up pops the skype mic bar. I've had it happen too while in Safari. No microphone functionality there that I'm aware of...
radialstudios
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 11 (44,248 Views)

It is a solution! 10x!
Posted from Apple iPad
Skypekosta
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 11 (42,645 Views)

I was using Skype on iPad and accidentally pushed the big bottom of iPad and then I saw that red bar Skype recording. My first toughts were that my husband installed some programs to control my calls:happy:), because I don't remember any red bottoms to show up before . So is that possible that there might be some program like paternal control for Skype on iPad ?? :happy:)
And if it's true , how to find those files ??
Posted from Apple iPhone
mna
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 6 of 11 (38,857 Views)

Please help me, I was searching Internet for an answer but it's to complicated for me :sad:(
Posted from Apple iPhone
mna
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 11 (38,855 Views)

[ Edited ]

You need to be careful if you see that a Skype call is recording. When I used to Skype with my boyfriend, I noticed that when I minimized the Skype call screen and did an internet search while the call was still in progress, there was a red bar above the internet browser that said "Skype Call Recording". In the past when I Skyped, that bar had only said "Skype Call in Progress." I mentioned it to my boyfriend and he insisted it was nothing, even sent me a link to this thread with other people agreeing that it's nothing. Eight months later, I found out he'd purchased a software called Evaer to record our calls without my knowledge. If you see that alarming little "recording" notice, it's not kidding- the call is literally recording. So keep your clothes on.

Posted from Apple iPad
STLgirl
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 8 of 11 (32,130 Views)

call recording-help turning it off
Posted from Apple iPad
lermz
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 9 of 11 (22,192 Views)

How to turnoff Skype recording ? It shows skype recording while talking, does it recorded ?
Posted from Apple iPad
Katuwal
Tourist
Message 10 of 11 (14,804 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling