Taking a call off hold

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Taking a call off hold

I have the latest skype app on my iphone 4 and when i am in a voice chat with someone, and someone else calls me on my phone, the skype call is automatically put on hold. And when i try to get the call off of hold once i am done with my phone call, there is no way to do it other than hang up and call back. I was wondering if that was the only way, or if there is an option to take it off hold on the app?

najjaporter
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 16 (23,191 Views)

Re: Taking a call off hold

Cmon Skype! 

Any replies to this?    

Same here - have tried about everything I can imagine - there is no way to take the call off hold. That's just ridiculous!

Isparian
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 16 (23,119 Views)

I also do not know how to take a call off hold.  Please help.

solomon49
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 16 (22,835 Views)

Looks like another apple Skype clash.
When they gonna stop frantically throwing sticks in front of any other companies apps in order to trip them, anytime they have the slightest counter interest, in this case, FaceTime, that must remain superior.
I say this because it turns out that many apps, once opened, will push Skype into hold, according to apples backgrounding policies.
Try playing a song, opening voice memo, puffin web browser etc.. Not gonna check all my apps now to see what else will cause it, but I'm sure there are more.
Point being that then YOU'RE STUCK WITH A CALL ON HOLD, and can't get back into the conversation.
Skype? Any suggestions please?

I.E. I recall using Skype on iOS 5 and having to close the app and reopen it upon every dropped call (which would happen often) just so I can get another call through, and get out of "offline".
So Skype backgrounding had improved a lot with iOS 6.
But the hold issue? Any suggestions Skype? The internet's full of people asking this same question.
Posted from Apple iPod Touch
josefsack
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 4 of 16 (22,479 Views)

If anyone else has this problem, just say "yeah". :happy:
josefsack
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 16 (22,477 Views)

On my iPad I just slide in from the left and resume it from the left pane.

frebib
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 16 (22,398 Views)

On my airplane I just slide you out the left door.
You totally made me put this issue aside for two weeks thinking maybe I didn't find the option!
So do me a favor, this is an iPhone topic.
Now why are we not getting an answer??!!
How do you take a call off hold once its interrupted by a different app that uses the sound API, and cuts the call in the middle, according to apples setup for third party communication apps?
josefsack
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 16 (21,882 Views)

Try closing out the app that was playing and the 'resume call' banner should pop up. It works for me with music and YouTube videos. Sometimes it works automatically but when it doesn't this usually works for me.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Bubz17
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 16 (21,751 Views)

I'm pretty sure I tried that, but I'll give it a through check again.
josefsack
Casual Adventurer
Message 9 of 16 (21,667 Views)

And sorry about my harsh reply frebib, I'm just really frustrated with this whole thing.
Thanks for trying to help though.
josefsack
Casual Adventurer
Message 10 of 16 (21,666 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling