Re: Skype on iphone 16gb 3GS - No Sound

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Skype on iphone 16gb 3GS - No Sound

For the last week I have been unable to make calls using the Skype app on my iPhone 3GS. I can see Skype ringing, connecting and the call duration starting but I can't hear anything.

This is very annoying especially as I am paying to use this service. This happens on both a 3G and wifi Connection. I havce also tried deleting and reinstalling the Skype App. Recently updated to the latest IOS 5.1 but the problems hasn't gone away. 

Please advise.

lawrencedjw
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 9 (1,844 Views)

Same problem here with my 4gs. All of a sudden, my speaker phone is not working with skype. If I select handset, it works fine. But speaker does not! Help!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Chrisbaggz
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 9 (1,745 Views)

Re: Skype on iphone 32gb 3GS - No Sound

No sound on my iPhone ,the other party can hear me,but I cannot them.it anoying because I paid for the Skype. Service
Posted from Apple iPad
merstc
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 9 (1,605 Views)

me too.iphone 4s with new download os 5.1 not only that but where is the phone number i bought to be able to receive calls! microsoft should be more reliable. i also have magic jack app that works great on my iphone . still no phone number from skype and no place to get refunds no tech support. scam?
Posted from Apple iPad
katelyn_aubrey
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 9 (1,603 Views)

I can't even get it to install on my iphone 16gb 3GS.  It says I need IOS 4.3.  How did you get it to install?

skidude
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 5 of 9 (1,592 Views)

I can't even get it to install on my iphone 16gb 3GS.  It says I need IOS 4.3.  How did you get it to install?
Posted from Apple iPhone
ronjit
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 9 (472 Views)

I can't even get it to install on my iphone 16gb 3GS.  It says I need IOS 5.  How did you get it to install?
Posted from Apple iPhone
ronjit
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 9 (471 Views)

For the last week when I make a skype call the other party can't hear me. I hear them just fine. I tried to reinstall the app but to no avail. I don't have any audio issues with my iPhone. Please help
Posted from Apple iPhone
Zvip
Casual Tourist
Message 8 of 9 (336 Views)

I got a problem since I install ios7 my friend can't hair my voice and having I comming call problem
Posted from Apple iPhone
Sheray
Casual Tourist
Message 9 of 9 (324 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling