Re: Skype 5.0: Clear Recent History

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Kayleigh8 wrote:

Strongly suggest Skype Team quickly fix this issue, there are many of us using Skype for business, and cannot afford to have conversations saved on the mobile device like this.  Please fix it ASAP.

Did you even read this thread? Even the previous page is full of posts about how to delete conversations in the new Skype versions... I really dont know why people are still posting about this.

jmh2002 wrote:

^^^ (facepalm) this issue was fixed 2 versions ago...

jmh2002
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 12
Message 221 of 236 (620 Views)

well.. its august and MS hasnt addressed this issue of deleteing recent chats...  my two cents... give me back the old skype... this new version really is unbelievable.  its sooooooo irritating to use now.  

skyperonis
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 222 of 236 (615 Views)

my bad...  somehow i didnt get the press and hold thing... works fine... sorry MS for complaining

i actually, like this concept.  press on message... select delete...  great!!!!  

skyperonis
Novel Adventurer
Message 223 of 236 (613 Views)

This is great! You also answered my question I now know which version I have! Thank you!! 😊
Posted from Apple iPhone
Annie914
Casual Adventurer
Message 224 of 236 (585 Views)

Re: Deleting chat history from new skype version for iPod touch and iphone

I had the same problem and just learned how to do it:

go to the folder 'recent' in your iphone skype, press and hold the conversation you wish to delete and it should desapear. It worked for me, finally. :happy:

reniafka
Novel Tourist
Message 225 of 236 (430 Views)

Hi Guys and Girls,

Initially I had difficulty in deleting my chat/call history and looked at various answers given.

The method is very simple. Tap the recent button and the list of people you have interacted with will appear in the list. Press on a name that appears for 2 seconds and it will show the option "delete" and press delete and it will delete the entire history from that contact. You can do that for all the names displayed in Recent [history] BUT from one contact at a time. I am using the laterst iOS and Skype version. Hope it will work for all. Best of luck!!

I have tested this method is only on iphone 5S.

JM1124
Novel Tourist
Message 226 of 236 (385 Views)

Works for the iPhone 4 S too. I still don't know which version of Skype I have tho. But thanks!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Annie914
Casual Adventurer
Message 227 of 236 (376 Views)

plzzzzz delete skype messeges
Posted from Samsung GT-I9105P
ghulamabbas5122
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 228 of 236 (303 Views)

<<Annie914 Aug 25 ...I still don't know which version of Skype I have tho. But thanks!>>

To determine the Skype version you are using first open the App Store app and search on Skype. If the Skype app window says Open, you can look below the Description and it gives you the current version. If it says Update, you are not using the current version, either click Update or click the Updates icon at the bottom right, then scroll. down until you find Skype. You'll see the actual version on the phone there.
cyberbiker
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 229 of 236 (284 Views)

<< ghulamabbas5122 Aug 27 ...plzzzzz delete skype messeges>>

fazil_aliev posted how to delete them in his Aug 12 msg in this thread.
cyberbiker
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 230 of 236 (281 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling