Re: I can't remove conversations

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Skype 5.0: Clear Recent History

You cannot erase chat history and photos sent require you to log into a website to view them. Photos are stored on a website. This update is aweful. DO NOT update if you haven't yet.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Xeasa
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 11
Message 11 of 234 (10,815 Views)

Erase history with latest version on Iphone

How do I erase my recent skype history on my Iphone? The latest version of Skype is not an improvement.
Posted from Apple iPad
Lakeloon
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 23
Message 12 of 234 (10,779 Views)

Erase history.

Have down loaded the latest version of Skype on my Iphone and can not erase recent history. Can any body help plse?
Posted from Apple iPad
Lakeloon
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 23
Message 13 of 234 (10,776 Views)

I can't remove conversations

[ Edited ]

[Topic title updated by moderator to be more descriptive. Used to be "I can't deleted messages"]

Hi I can't deleted my convo off my iPhone because of the update where would I find the it??

Posted from Apple iPhone
Btr360
Tourist
Kudos: 12
Message 14 of 234 (10,818 Views)

Re: I can't deleted messages

I have the same problem! With the new version you can´t sidesweep in any directions to delete as it was before. when you try to do that now it only changes between "favourites" "people" and "latest"... I have tried everything but it doesn´t work!

HELP

MartinLj
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 15 of 234 (10,789 Views)

How do I delete my chat history in Skype for Ipone?
Posted from Apple iPhone
mandar.mkd
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 8
Message 16 of 234 (10,785 Views)

Can anybody help??? Haloooo...
Posted from Apple iPhone
mandar.mkd
Novel Adventurer
Message 17 of 234 (10,783 Views)

Skype 5.0 for iPhone does not have the functionality to remove individual entries from the recent conversations. We are looking into bringing this back in a future update.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 12870
Message 18 of 234 (10,763 Views)

I can't beleive you forgot that!! THIS IS A TERRIBLE MISTAKE!!! 

simcapp
Novel Adventurer
Message 19 of 234 (10,754 Views)

Claudius wrote:

Skype 5.0 for iPhone does not have the functionality to remove individual entries from the recent conversations. We are looking into bringing this back in a future update.

In a future update? How far in the future are we talking here? A week for a fix or something you'll get around to "sometime" in a future version? This is an unbelievable oversight on MS' part by not allowing the deletion of chat and call histories in the mobile app. Not to mention the ability to no longer edit the content of individual messages.

I guess from now on I'm not going to be so gung-ho to update Skype when an update is released. I should have learned my lesson from past upgrades of the desktop app. Granted, this version has a lot of great interface improvements but leaving out such a critical, fundamental function as clearing chat histories is completely ridiculous. Please fix this immediately.

dugost
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 49
Message 20 of 234 (10,717 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling