Skype 3.8 for iPad with improved retina graphics

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Skype 3.8 for iPad with improved retina graphics

We've just released a new optimized version of Skype for iPad - especially for those of you with the latest iPad. The new version of Skype 3.8 for iPad makes use of the new iPad's improved retina display, so Skype looks even better than before.

We recommend that everyone upgrades to the newly released Skype for iPad application from the Apple App Store. We are always interested in hearing your feedback, so please report any issues here on the Skype Support Network.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 11881
Message 1 of 38 (5,158 Views)

Re: Skype 3.8 for iPad with improved retina graphics

Skype is an absolute joke.

Before being concerned with taking advantage of the new Ipads features. Why dont you concentrate on making Skype stable. There are so many concerns raised here time and time again but all of the updates dont address any of them.

For example: the issue with the bluetooth only working for one call.There are many points on this but it has simply been ignored.

Skype for the pc is a fantastic piece of software.Skype for the ipad is pants and about as much use as a hole in a bucket.

neil4374
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 17
Message 2 of 38 (5,115 Views)

Hi, I cannot believe Skype for iPad went through a major update and the bluetooth keyboard issue highlighted in this thread (http://community.skype.com/t5/iPad/3-7-I-cant-sent-message-by-pressing-enter-on-bluetooth-keyword/td... has still not been rectified. I mean, this is a FEATURE YOU CAN TOGGLE on the PC version and it worked absolutely fine before 3.7, how much effort can this really take? Makes you wonder if anyone even reads this feedback. Reminds me of this post: 9gag.com/gag/3567722
Posted from Apple iPad
aardhaart
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 3 of 38 (5,101 Views)

Yeah and how about adding the ability to use more then one phone number per contact from the address book ... just like the iPhone version !!! Why isnt this part of the iPad version ????

Iron_chef
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 4 of 38 (5,065 Views)

and what really is a joke is ...

Skype's answer to every problem...

reinstall.

Oh yes that really solves every problem.... not

neil4374
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 17
Message 5 of 38 (5,058 Views)

I just bought the new iPad for the sole purpose to Skype with family and friends. I can't get any video calls to go through. Help!
Posted from Apple iPad
Mandykoury
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 6 of 38 (5,026 Views)

This upgrade crash!!!!!! When u fix the problem I can't use Skype now!!
Posted from Apple iPad
Popson
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 7 of 38 (5,007 Views)

Downloaded 3.8 from the app store, what got installed was 3.7.61 (based on the about page). What gives? I have iPad 3. Thanks.
Posted from Apple iPad
desats_on_skype
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 38 (4,968 Views)

Yes, I have the same situation. Still v.3.7.61 from the latest update on my iPad 2.👿
Posted from Apple iPad
kwinghui
Esteemed Adventurer
Kudos: 259
Message 9 of 38 (4,935 Views)

Same problem here... Still 3.7 instead of 3.8.
Posted from Apple iPad
peter-da-boss
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 38 (4,669 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling