Re: Skype 3.7 for iPhone and iPad

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Skype 3.7 for iPhone and iPad

Today we have released Skype 3.7 for iPhone and iPad.

New Features and Enhancements:

• New chat UI
  • New dialpad UI
  • Edited message indicator
  • Improved stability

We recommend that everyone upgrades to the newly released Skype for iPhone and Skype for iPad applications from the Apple App Store. We are always interested in hearing your feedback, so please report you feedback by replying here on the Skype Support Network. If you find bugs that you can reproduce you can report them on our public issue tracker.

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 10394
Message 2 of 47 (5,747 Views)

Update 3.7 still a few bugs

Happy to see a new update thank you however bluetooth does not work and messages in history are still appearing when deleted.

I have not had chance yet to see if it stays logged in. Skypein number works fines the call gets through and the skype rings.

What I am going to do is un-install skype completley and then re-boot phone to see if that  makes any difference will report back

Skyper1
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 52
Message 1 of 47 (5,677 Views)

Re: Update 3.7 still a few bugs

It's UNBELIEVABLE !!!

Bluetooth on the iPhone still DOES NOT WORK ... how difficult can that be ... seriously???

jujaeger_2
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 3 of 47 (5,621 Views)

Hi,

After update I have on contact tab twiece possition Favorites and not translated to Polish language which I use on my iPhone 4.

And what for is it? I can't add there nothing.

IMG_0406.PNG

0 Kudos
DarekWa
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 4 of 47 (5,599 Views)

[ Edited ]

I still don't see any method to manage my Contacts list with the new iPad version.  No way to add a contact, remove from list, etc.

I'm running the app on an original iPad.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
0 Kudos
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1903
Message 5 of 47 (5,588 Views)

I have an iPhone 4, and already downlowded Skype (in Portuguese) version 3.7.40. My Skype has credits. However, still cannot see the emoticons to be used as in my PC (where this feature is on the left side of the message entry, with a selectable image listing). Why this feature is not available? I read that this is possible to be activated with the Japonese emojicons, but needs a more detailed and difficult activation process. Could aomeone clarify this question?

0 Kudos
LaszloTau
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 47 (5,549 Views)

One 30m call so far and it actually sounded a bit clearer than usual. Cut out once but didnt close off this time. Will see how it goes over the next week

0 Kudos
LukeDavey99
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 7 of 47 (5,519 Views)

[ Edited ]

g4pilut: I could only test on my iPod Touch, but I see a "+" button on the top right of my contact list. Also see our user guide on managing your contacts on the iPad including instructions on how to add and remove contacts: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA11008/How-do-I-use-Skype-for-iPad#2

DarekWa: The "Favorites" groups are custom contact groups which might have been created automatically by earlier Skype versions. Are you using Skype only on iPhone? You can remove the custom groups on Skype for Windows, Mac or Linux. 

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 10394
Message 8 of 47 (5,522 Views)

The search feature with the + button wasn't there right after I upgraded Claudius. I just rebooted the iPad and now it's there.  I'm surprised that made a difference but it worked.

Glad to see the add-a-contact feature added. 

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
0 Kudos
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1903
Message 9 of 47 (5,513 Views)

Just a reminder for anyone still not receiving notifications, go into your iphone/ipod settings, browse to notifications and make sure skype is listed.

I went ahead and turned on all notification options for skype, just to be sure.

0 Kudos
nzhuv
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 10 of 47 (5,482 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling