The 3.5 release is horrible. App crashes. Seems to have a REALLY hard time when on the 3G network on my iPhone 4 for Verizon. It can't seem to get me online properly and also can't detect my contacts that are online. It frequently can't send and receive IMs. And the chat functionality is just all around much worse. PLEASE MAKE THE OLD VERSION AVAILABLE WHILE YOU FIX THE PLETHORA OF BUGS YOU'VE INTRODUCED.
Okay, enough time has passed and there is no response from anyone at Skype about what is going to be done regarding 3.5.117. There are too many people on the App Store and this forum complaining. By keeping silent, you either, 1. Don't know what to do to correct. 2. Think we are a small minority compared to the thousands that use Skype so why bother. 3. So what if attrition kicks in and you lose a few subscribers. 4. It's user error, so again, why bother. 5. You are moving away from telephony and are promoting video and chat to avoid telecom issues with cell carriers.
Whatever the case, we as PAYING customer deserve a product that works. This update should have been tested before rollout. What the hell were you thinking? I mean really thinking? If a large number of people complain, show you care by offering a solution, or at the very least a timeframe for a fix. In the meantime, bring back the previous version as an option so we can continue to use the service. That will save your base customers if you really care.
In these economic times, some of us cannot afford high cell rates, but we will move on if need be and find another way.
Skype for me:
1. Does not ring, except in the earpiece. Therefore, I cannot hear when a call comes in.
2. No DTMF tones when trying to access my accounts online. Keypad too small!!
3. Old and deleted voicemails keep coming back randomly. I keep deleting to no avail.
4. Skype icon shows new messages when there are none.
5. So called video and chat does not work on my 3GS.
Bring back the old version. Yesterday.
Please, please, please.... give us the old version back so we can actually make use of our subscriptions!!! You have been sitting on this issue for way too long.
Take your time with 3.5.117 and make it work properly before you release it. By forcing us to stay on 3.5.117 you are not making your customers very happy...
I seriously hope that company policy is not too prideful to allow you to roll-back to the previous version. That's the only thing that makes sense at this point... "We are now a Microsoft company and we don't roll-back, we just patch bad code." That's what springs to mind...
I can't believe that the new version of Skype 3.5.117 for iPhone cannot allow Copy and Paste functions!!! What a major setback! Copy and Paste is such a basic and useful function so how can your new version disable Copy Paste??? pls fix asap ! Help? How can I uninstall the new version and install the old version of Skype on iPhone?? pls reply email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
11-10-2011 16:25 - edited 11-10-2011 16:36
This new 3.5 is horrible. Bugs everywhere.
1. When in background the app crashes almost everytime if there are group messages comming.
2. If I but the backgroud sounds off. The app will now also mute skype call ringing(In 3.0 it just disapled the chat sound). Please but seperate audio options to the app. So it would be like with the desktop app.
3. Opening a incoming chat message is really slow.
4. Contact disapear. And I have to re add them.
5. And the rest of the same bugs as listen here by others
As an aside I used a data recovery program (Disk Drill) to dredge up my replaced version of Skype (V. 3.0.1). Its a .ipa file and just dragged that into itunes. Worked a treat. Relief to have something thats usable. This mew upgrade and the subsequent lack of action doesnt bode well for Skype. Viber starting to look good.
2. Copy & paste doesn't work
3. Pressing photo of chat participant no longer takes me to their contact (so I have to go back to Contacts and manually find them).
Does Skype have a Quality Control Team? It would appear NO.
It's hard to believe that a service this good can't put together a better UI and QC team. Skype for iPhone is making me seriously consider abandoning the platform and looking for a better experience. I am experiencing all of the bugs mentioned here, running on an iPhone 4. Additionally, I am experiencing some voicemail bugs not mentioned here:
1) In the "Messages" pane, I have listened to a voicemail, then come back to it later and found an empty pane where before there was a voicemail. It's just GONE.
2) In the "Messages" pane, some voicemails arriving today (Thursday) are under the Tuesday heading.
3) When a call comes in and the iPhone is asleep, the screen comes on without an option to ignore; I either have to answer the call or let it ring forever. I am getting reports from friends that about half the time it just rings on their end forever, never sending them to my voicemail.
Please devote more attention to these releases. They are seriously damaging your product and your users' experience.
15-10-2011 08:10 - edited 15-10-2011 08:15
i created this post with the intention that all users post their problems/bugs with this new Skype 3.5.117 version.
the idea was that the skype dev team, see this and give us a word about if they are going to fix all this together, piece by piece in several updates or they will not fix the new features/bugs at all.
i only saw a post from the skype team ( Claudius ) on page #2 just thanking for the condensed bug report, but it would be great if after so long we could have an update of the status of the upcoming skype update, which fixes are under development or if you guys are fixing something of this at all...to be honest, this skype version IS STILL very unusable yet. i also wanted to update my iphone to ios5 and i saw/read here that there are still even more problems with it, so what's going be ??