Sending IM with Enter key?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Sending IM with Enter key?

Hi Up until recently, I could always send an instant message in the app using the Enter key on the keyboard. Since recently, when I press the enter key, I get a new line, and I have to press the send button. How can I change that back??? Especially when using an external keyboard, it is absolutely stupid, to always take the hands off the keyboard and touch the screen. Like this, the app is completely useless!! Any help highly appreciated!
Matth
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 19
Message 1 of 78 (10,693 Views)

Re: Sending IM with Enter key?

Same problem here. Why dont skype keep shift+enter as new line option and make enter do what it should do-send the message.
bohus4
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 10
Message 2 of 78 (10,682 Views)

yea same issue here, its really annoying. especailly when i use the physical keyboard with skype i have to keep hitting the screen
myneid
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 22
Message 3 of 78 (10,643 Views)

Same here. Please sort this out, Mr Skype. As suggested above, shift+return would make sense as the way to start a new line.

barelife
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 4 of 78 (10,530 Views)

I have the same issue, and as I can see there's a lot of people having the same problem. Pease Skype fix this, it's really annoying
cesargw
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 6
Message 5 of 78 (10,509 Views)

Just want to add another person who would love to see this changed! I would much rather be able to hit enter to send my message than to get a new line. I send messages a WHOLE lot more often than I need a new line of text in a current message. Please make this more useful!
Posted from Apple iPad
huck32
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 6 of 78 (10,437 Views)

Hi there, i am using skype on the new IPAD with an blutooth keyboard. Sending messages with the enter key is a must have!!!
Posted from Apple iPad
Wasted
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 7 of 78 (10,358 Views)

I have the same problem, why skype on ipad dont like skype on PC?
Posted from Apple iPad
kamankily
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 8 of 78 (10,351 Views)

ipad update out today, i was hoping they fix this

as someone who uses their ipad with skype with a keyboard multiple hours out of every work day i can say this is extremely annoying.

please fix this, if it bothers some people make it an option

myneid
Casual Adventurer
Message 9 of 78 (10,169 Views)

heres another bump for this thread

hopefully the skype ipad team is watching
myneid
Casual Adventurer
Message 10 of 78 (10,045 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling