Problems in using Skype with iPad Mini

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Problems in using Skype with iPad Mini

[ Edited ]

Good day!

Everytime I want to chat to somebody I cannot See the textfield what i am currently writing to somebody. The textfield is simply behind the Keyboard. So I cannot see what I am writing.

Please update Skype for iPad.

actisys
Novel Tourist

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

It's simple to fix the issue. Just split the keyboard by using both thumb or hold down the keyboard bottom right key (undock) you will find the split function. After split the keyboard just combine back the keyboard and you will notice the issue is fixed. 

Hope this help :happy:

View solution in original post
Jay26
Novel Tourist

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Guys, I was trying to search the net for this problem about hours ago and can't find any solution from the internet. This problem is present even in facebook and yahoo messenger, and after some thought I discovered the solution. There seems to be a bug in the keyboard split feature.

SOLUTION: just disable the split keyboard in general settings and it will work perfectly fine now. By the way I'm using ipad mini. Spread the word so everyone need not worry about this.

View solution in original post
Posted from Apple iPad
Pa891fsb
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 10 (15,399 Views)

Re: Problems in using Skype with iPad Mini

It's simple to fix the issue. Just split the keyboard by using both thumb or hold down the keyboard bottom right key (undock) you will find the split function. After split the keyboard just combine back the keyboard and you will notice the issue is fixed. 

Hope this help :happy:

actisys
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 2 of 10 (15,208 Views)

Guys, I was trying to search the net for this problem about hours ago and can't find any solution from the internet. This problem is present even in facebook and yahoo messenger, and after some thought I discovered the solution. There seems to be a bug in the keyboard split feature.

SOLUTION: just disable the split keyboard in general settings and it will work perfectly fine now. By the way I'm using ipad mini. Spread the word so everyone need not worry about this.
Posted from Apple iPad
Jay26
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 10 (15,146 Views)

Thanks guys!! Was a great help, eventhough I had find it out later by myself...but forget writing here the solution :happy: ...
Pa891fsb
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 4 of 10 (14,827 Views)

Hi guys,

In my ipad mini i am not getting the option of video call
Posted from Apple iPad
Lakshmipeta
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 10 (11,657 Views)

I was having an 'initializing' error on both IPad Mini and IPad. Not sure if yours is the exactly the same problem but try this:

1. find a computer (i.e. not your ipad) with Skype loaded.

2.  Start Skype & log in

3. Add your contacts. Even if already added on IPad. Add them on the computer.

4. You may or may not need to change your privacy settings depending on your preferences.

Apparently just adding them from the IPad does not work. You can voice call but not video until you add the contacts from a computer. I think it is related to a compatibility issue with Outlook as per something I read about Outlook & IPad. I had never used Skype from a computer and was adding my contacts on the IPad.

Mine is now working

Bemini
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 6 of 10 (7,999 Views)

I have purchased iPad mini 10 days , it is not running in background. Every time I have to open the app for using it. Please cross the issue.
Posted from Apple iPad
Induswebi.com
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 10 (3,146 Views)

AMEN!!!  I have the same problem!!!!!

WarmICE
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 10 (2,219 Views)

Well, I'm not sure wth that, but have you tried going to people and then pressing on their picture. It tells you to either message them, video call them, normal call them, or more. If that doesn't work then I'm awfully sorry, I can't help you. By the way guys, if u like horror be my friend! Sucka b z!
Posted from Apple iPad
Sucka-b-z
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 10 (2,051 Views)

• Vth
Posted from Lenovo IdeaTab
mimka_85
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 10 (2,037 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling