Pending messages

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Pending messages

What does a pending message mean? Do they have to be online to receive the message? Or does that mean I have been deleted? 

Posted from Apple iPad
Christij77
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 1 of 11 (52,581 Views)

Re: Pending messages

Both you and the contact you send an IM too have to be online at the same time.  Until you are, the message will stay pending, at least for a week or so until it times out.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 845
Message 2 of 11 (52,562 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have an alternative explanation :

It means Skype does not work

Me and my daughter are both online at this very moment, we both have good internet connections thank you, we cannot call, I have sent her 5 messages in the last 10 minutes and they are all still pending

It is also shameful, because this is not free anymore. Actually I pay more money to Skype than I do to my phone company. As soon as I have time to investigate an alternative service, they will not see me again.

santope1958
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 3 of 11 (51,490 Views)

I'm having a similar issue using Skype credit to send SMS to a mobile phone and status says pending and he never gets SMS, but the credit is removed from my account balance. 

Posted from Apple iPad
Anyien
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 11 (51,435 Views)

SMS and IM problems are really not the same.

In the case of an SMS message not being delivered, the problem can be that the recipient's mobile provider blocks SMS messages from Skype.  Or, if you don't have your caller ID setup, that provider may block messages that have no caller ID.

The person you're trying to SMS to should check with their mobile provider to see if Skype text messages are being blocked.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 845
Message 5 of 11 (51,433 Views)

In my case 1/12/2013 both my wife and I are online trying to send IM message. messages sent via Skype mobile or tablet say pending but from my Mac it says go thru?
hotline4me
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 11 (49,258 Views)

As soon as my messages were left in "Pending" I joked that the Chinese have intercepted all of Skype again.

It now is impossibe to send messages on a regular basis ( with confidence) and will have to resort to facebook messenger to keep up with the modern world.

I still think that Skype has been hacked which is bloody unfortunate.

allancurtis
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 11 (36,558 Views)

When will this been resolved, it has been an ongoing issue for ages. I have had messages stuck in pending for over a week now!

d4zza
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 11 (18,644 Views)

When will this been resolved, it has been an ongoing issue for ages. I have had messages stuck in pending for over a week now!

d4zza
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 11 (18,644 Views)

What mean pending on my IM message.
Posted from Samsung GT-N7100
138pao
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 11 (14,859 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling