Re: 4.10 update: several bug fixes and call qualit...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: No incoming calls since August update (4.10 v) when Skype is running on background

ditto to this.  ap worked before but now has to be in foreground to see a call, and even then i cant hear the call

also now its hard to paste a # and make a call

still has old problem can't convert a call i have received into a contact

reprehensable ap compared with android windows and mac ap

Please use plain text.
DavideMason
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 41 of 220 (741 Views)

Re: 4.10 update: several bug fixes and call quality improvements

Thank you for this clarification! I am glad that, at least, your engineers are aware of the problem. Calls to Skype online number do NOT go through anymore when the app is in the background! It is so frustrating, and it used to work perfectly with version 4.9. As 4.11 might not be around for a while, I had to pay for another VoIP iPad app. :sad: Not very pleased, considering how much money I put in Skype each month (World subscription, Skype number, credit, etc.)...
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
AdrianBid
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 43 of 220 (725 Views)

AdrianBid

I'm curious to know what you were referring to when you said, "Thanks for the clarification. I am glad that, at least, your engineers are aware of the problem."  I don't see a message above yours that is from Skype.  Did you get a private message from them?  I'd love to know that they are actually working on this issue, but thus far, I've not seen or heard a peep from Skype.  How did you get the information?

Thanks for any clarification you can post!!

Please use plain text.
mangoesbananas
Experienced Adventurer
Kudos: 42
Message 44 of 220 (721 Views)

@mangoesbananas

Please check the following post: http://community.skype.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-and-iPad/No-incoming-calls-since-August-update-4-10-v-when-...

We are aware that some users are not notified about incoming call to Online number while Skype is running on background. We are working hard to resolve this issue as soon as possible and appreciate your patience.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my answer was useful, please click on "Accept as Solution" to help others, thank you :happy:

Si ma réponse vous a aidé merci de cliquer sur "Accepter comme solution"

Cela pourra surement aider d'autres personnes qui ont le même problème :wink:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Laurent95
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 514
Message 45 of 220 (667 Views)

@mangoesbananas I replied the fifth post on the first page in this forum; sorry for not referring to it correctly. You received an even better answer though, right here, below. I really look forward to them fixing this issue... "Some" customers with Skype online number, are MOST of the Skype PAYING customers!

Please use plain text.
AdrianBid
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 46 of 220 (653 Views)

AdrianBid, Thanks for clarifying about which post you were referring to. I had actually seen that particular post last week, but I thought there was a new development that I wasn't aware of. Unfortunately, nothing at all has been done since Skype chimed in a week ago, and we keep sitting here wondering is anybody at Skype cares. For a company to have paying customers not receiving their services and for the company to be apparently not doing anything about it...well, it's beyond reprehensible. Anyway, all we can do is keep hoping that fix will come…

Thanks very much...
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
mangoesbananas
Experienced Adventurer
Kudos: 42
Message 47 of 220 (642 Views)

Re: No incoming calls since August update (4.10 v) when Skype is running on background

[ Edited ]
I've had the same issue with Skype 4.10 on my ipad mini. There are no notifications of incoming calls for both my Skype number and Skype to Skype calls when the app is running in the background. It's frustrating as it worked fine in pervious versions. All of my settings are correct, and I am "online" in the app. Is there any way to get a link to the previous version of this app?? Please? Version 4.6.306 still works perfectly on my iphone
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
SkypeDoesntRing
Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 49 of 220 (604 Views)

I followed the support request link expedition which lead to chat not working and the offer of contacting them via e-mail at this address: contactus@skype.net

An auto ack came back but no actual help so far. 

Oh, and add me to the list of unhappy users with this issue and who pay for Skype numbers. :sad: :(n):

Side note: The forum is buggy as heck too. What a Micky Mouse operation.

Please use plain text.
JustMe1234
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 50 of 220 (587 Views)

I will just add that I am another user, this time with an iPhone 5, who has been experiencing the same issue with the 4.10.332 update for several days. I realize that this issue is known, but I'm just adding another data point.
Please use plain text.
BrazenWord
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 51 of 220 (780 Views)

Just got a very boilerplate (i.e., disingenuous) reply from support acting like this thread does not exist and that no bug in the app is known to them. :sad:

They told me to delete and reinstall and reboot and be sure I'm only logged in to once device at a time. Seriously? 

Not acceptable from anyone I'm paying, let alone a company with Microsoft's resources.

Please use plain text.
JustMe1234
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 52 of 220 (773 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling