Messages pending with Skype 4.1

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Skype 4.1 for iPhone and iPad

Hi Krenzia - just saw your reply to my message which came twice in 2 separate emails... hope you haven't been charged for those!

Posted from Apple iPad
Tormod41
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 27
Message 21 of 95 (6,414 Views)

Once I get my teeth into something I'm like a Rottweiler! At the end of the day, there is obviously some serious flaw in the recent update so let's all just stop talking about it and ask Skype very nicely to put us back to the previous version that WORKED and then sort out the fiasco we are being presented with right now.

Posted from Apple iPad
Tormod41
Routine Adventurer
Message 22 of 95 (6,438 Views)

Claudius wrote:
Does it also happen when you are connected via WiFi?
We know that some mobile providers are "shaping" the traffic (e.g. dropping network data packages and thus severely degrading Skype communication) when you don't order an additional "VoIP package" with them.
Which mobile provider in which country are you with?

Yes also happens when on wifi. The other day it was so bad that we just gave up chatting. This issue has only been happening since the new update

Posted from Apple iPad
Skyper1
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 55
Message 23 of 95 (6,434 Views)

Just tried Skype on the laptop - with no update done - and it worked perfectly... no 'pending' and IM as it we'd come to expect and sort of took for granted. We won't be updating the laptop until someone tells us it's safe to do so.

None of my friends/colleagues have done the update as yet, none have probs and none will be updating!

Posted from Apple iPad
Tormod41
Routine Adventurer
Message 24 of 95 (6,421 Views)

After a frustrating pm trying to talk to my brother 5000 miles away, with all my sent messages saying 'pending', and every message he sent to me coming twice, have found that after I send a message, to get rid of the 'pending' send something else straight away - as it's my brother I just sent him a X. That way the message you actually wanted to send goes straight away if that makes sense! Bit convoluted but seems to be the best thing to do pro tem.

Posted from Apple iPad
Tormod41
Routine Adventurer
Message 25 of 95 (6,407 Views)

Comparing desktop and iOS Skype version in regards to messaging behaviour is not quite fair because there are slight differences: The desktop version maintains a constant connection and sends them right away, while for the mobile version this behaviour would lead to your battery emptying in no time. That's why the signalling works a bit different on mobile Skype apps.
Thereby: Please go ahead and upgrade your desktop client. You won't see any messaging changes there.

Coming back to your iPad problems: Did you try completely removing the app, restarting your iPad and installing it again? It might be that some Skype network connection parameters didn't get properly update when you upgraded your app.
NB: You will lose your complete chat and call history on the device that way.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 14247
Message 26 of 95 (6,385 Views)

I have found that contacts I had are now pending contacts! They assure me they haven't deleted or blocked me but suddenly we can't connect
Posted from Apple iPad
Gretagarbo2008
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 27 of 95 (6,360 Views)

So here is what I have tried for the pending messages issue.

1. Re-set iPad = still pending messages

2. Un-install and re-install Skype = still pending messages 

3. Un-install, re-set iPad, then re-install =still pending messages

For the record this issue is with either wifi or 3G and the matter is getting worse to the point where the chatting option is un-usable. 

Posted from Apple iPad
Skyper1
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 55
Message 28 of 95 (6,341 Views)

It's rubbish since last update.sort it out for christs sake cus it's pissing me off bigtime
Posted from Apple iPad
Sssssssssnake
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 29 of 95 (6,277 Views)

Re: Messages pending with Skype 4.1

I'm getting the same thing since the new upgrade...for a majority of my contacts the messages are showing as 'Pending' and then for no apparent reason they either go through eventually or sometimes not at all.

Very frustrating I must say...may have to try Fring or IM+ instead.

Regards,

Douglas

Posted from Apple iPad
redneckinlondon
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 30 of 95 (6,226 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling