Re: It shows I have one new message but there are ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: It shows I have one new message but there are no new messages in Messages window

I get the 1 runread message problem all the time on Skype for Android, and on Skype for Windows Desktop if I'm on a call, I can't get rid of the last unread message notifier until I'm off the call. Seems like it's a cross-platform issue with many variants, so I think we should look elsewhere for help rather than confining this to the iOS section.

dananski
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 11 of 20 (1,544 Views)

Re: It shows I have one new message but there are no new messages in Messages window

This is still happening to myself and a few friends of mine.  We all have skype on our PC and our phones.  When on mobile the skype notification comes in and when I go to check the message nothing appears.  It is only until I shut the ap down completely and reopen it that I get the message...IF it feels like giving it to me.  

Southieface
Novel Adventurer
Message 12 of 20 (1,461 Views)

Obviously Skype needs to address this issue as I have the same problem as many others,,,come on Skype lets have an answer!!!
Posted from Apple iPad
Paddock10
Novel Tourist
Message 13 of 20 (1,310 Views)

It happens to me too! Still in 2014 people have this stupid issue! Even a bunch of my freinds who are in the chat group that's says there are unread messages have this problem. HELP US SKYPE!

Rex-Prime
Novel Tourist
Message 14 of 20 (1,197 Views)

I have the solution for this bug :tongue:! at least to quit the stupid notification...
Just right click on the "recent" tab and press "Mark all as read" and VOILA! the fake notification is gone.

Screenshot for reference:
http://prntscr.com/2y40pj

hanna_h_
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 15 of 20 (1,161 Views)

I have the same problem everyday! It's so annoying and frustrating..Hopefully Skype fixes it...although i doubt they will -_-

Xebu
Tourist
Message 16 of 20 (1,018 Views)

This works, but, you will never know if you missed any messages...

tiger168
Novel Tourist
Message 17 of 20 (815 Views)

same is happening to me on my computer its driving me mad! Lots of notifications but no messages are showing up. Soemtimes they do sometimes they dont. SORT THIS PLEASE GRRR

blondie23
Novel Tourist
Message 18 of 20 (794 Views)

Might as well chime in. I am having the same issue on the windows version. I am using windows 7. I do not have this problem on mobile. 

LordofTheRoses
Novel Tourist
Message 19 of 20 (687 Views)

I was able to get rid of the notification by deleting my IM history under pirvacy. But keep in mind that it deletes EVERYTHING.

doesitevenmater
Novel Tourist
Message 20 of 20 (225 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling