Re: Iphone 3G can't install Skype.

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Iphone 3G can't install Skype.

Hi guys, Today i purchased an iPhone 3G which i'm sure most of you will know is limited to iOS4.2.1 The problem is skype requires a minimum of 4.3 to install, Is there anywhere i can get a previous version of the app or does anybody know if skype are working on a fix for this?

Many Thanks,

Thomas

Tomd1789
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 15
Message 1 of 38 (19,016 Views)

bump

Tomd1789
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 15
Message 2 of 38 (18,970 Views)

I'm having same problem.

skidude
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 38 (18,948 Views)

Yes I had it installed and it updated and now it does not work, tried to install again from the app market but like you said needs 4.3. But we can not upgrade to that.

I looked at anther thread and they said to use' the current version, but how can we when we when our iphones can not be upgraded.

If you can not give me an old version I will have ask for a refund of all my accounts (3).

Steven

stevenjd
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 4 of 38 (18,868 Views)

Yes l do like Skype on my iPhone
Nalibau
Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 38 (18,835 Views)

Same problem for me and I don't want to get stuck with it. It's a pity if we cannot use Skype anymore.Does anybody know if skype are working on a fix for this?
leesharpe01
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 6 of 38 (18,808 Views)

Well hopefully Skype will look in to this and re address the problem.
Lydialady1
Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 7 of 38 (18,783 Views)

I was having some issues with my 3G and decided to reset and restore everything.  Everything came back EXCEPT for the Skype application.

4.2.1 is the last and latest version of IOS available for the iPhone 3G.

I do not have a copy of the version that actually installed on my phone as iTunes attempted to bring down an update somewhere along the way the did not install.  This replaced the previously working version of Skype.

I think Skype support should offer the last version (perhaps via a link on the support site to the *.ipa file) that can run on IOS 4.2.1 for those of us that get into this situation.  Of course this should be offered "as is".  The user accept the fact that this version would not be updated or enhanced.  It would at least give access to Skype back to us and we can continue being loyal to Skype.

For myself, my wife is critically ill and I have many required expenses to support her.  I need to watch my cash flow.  As such, I still am using my old 3G and will need to keep it for now.

Thank You.

mike-kress
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 35
Message 8 of 38 (18,572 Views)

I am having the same problem. I want Skype to fix this problem as soon as possible.

girlgames99
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 53
Message 9 of 38 (18,566 Views)

Skype please help us. It is not fair, I have Skype every where except now on my iPhone 3G.
Posted from Apple iPad
Sromano1
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 10 of 38 (18,496 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling