Initiating video

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Initiating video

Cannot see video from caller on my iPad. Says initiating video help
Posted from Apple iPad
Russelljoye
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 1 of 14 (44,468 Views)

Re: Initiating video

same problem here :sad:
zannycarvalho
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 14 (44,427 Views)

[ Edited ]

This problem seems to be all over the internet but no solutions posted?? Come on Skype sort it!!

ellebarto73
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 14 (44,408 Views)

I just downloaded skype for my ipad 2. My brother could see me but it kept saying initiating video of him. Also, My contacts do not show that they are online. I thought this was expected to be all good as of August?
Posted from Apple iPad
enzerukristin
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 4 of 14 (44,402 Views)

Same problem!  Worked when I called a friend on his iPhone with Skype.  I have an iPad 2 and when I called home same issue you describe.  I see myself, stuck on initiating video.  Other side could hear and see me.  I just had audio on my side.  Stuck on 'initiating video'.

tlite
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 5 of 14 (44,346 Views)

I had the exact same problem from one iPad 2 to another iPad 2; one was showing video and one was 'initiating video'. I deleted Skype, and then downloaded it again from the App store. It worked!

carlmac
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 14 (43,965 Views)

Occasionally I meet this problem. The receiver is running Skype under PC with opening other programs at the same time. Ask him to turn off all other running programs except Skype and reconnect video call again, usually it is successful. If still not work, ask the receiver to reboot his PC.
kwinghui
Esteemed Adventurer
Kudos: 248
Message 7 of 14 (43,961 Views)

Of course video transmission need more CPU resources and also depends on the Internet speed.
kwinghui
Esteemed Adventurer
Kudos: 248
Message 8 of 14 (43,959 Views)

I have the same problem with ipad 2 to ipad 2. I bought an ipad for my girlfriend in the usa and one for me in Europe. I can see her, but she can't see me, Luckily it is her not seeing me that is failing, she is much prettier than I :happy: I have no problem with video with my collegues on ipads her in Europe so I guess the problem is at her site. I talked her through installing the latest skype update. This didn't solve the problem. I will try a complete deinstall and install next time we talk. I hope this can be solved, it is very repeatable, so that would make finding and solving this bug for the skype developers a little easier doesn't it? For now we use Facetime which does work perfectly.
Posted from Apple iPad
Tomm
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 9 of 14 (43,947 Views)

You have to log into Skype.com at least once to be able to see video on mobile device for most cases. Log into Skype.com on a pc/mac and confirm anything that Skype asks you to. Sometimes you will not have to confirm anything. Wouldn't hurt to make sure the "to go" information is entered and correct. That should solve it....
Posted from Samsung GT-I9000
BradConley
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 10 of 14 (27,812 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling