Initiate conference call IPAD

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Initiate conference call IPAD

Hi

I just purchased a subscription with the purpose of using Skype on my iPad for making telephone conference calls with colleagues. I can't seem to find an option to add more than one participant on the iPad app. I can't seem to find any information on the website that clarifies if this is even possible? Anyone else know how this can be done?

Thanks

ct78
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 1 of 56 (57,837 Views)

Re: Initiate conference call IPAD

Hi,

Unfortunately starting conference calls on Skype for iPad is not possible, however you can participate in conference calls.
-----

If you found my post helpful, please give "Kudos". If my post solved the issue, please mark it as a solution.

Click here to find out how to contact Customer Service directly
sirel
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 42
Message 2 of 56 (57,807 Views)

I found the same problem. I mean Skype what the f...k. Are not on friendly terms with apple. If not I would get started and fast. BTW I am glad I did not pay to find out this does not work. I would request your money back. I would pay if it worked. Greg
Posted from Apple iPad
Gregwachter
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 56 (57,801 Views)

I would seriously recommend that this become a feature in the near future. I use Skype quite a bit for conference calls and having to ask the other parties to shut down the call and establish the conference from their end and invite me to the conference because my iPad doesn't support it is embarrassing for such a useful platform.
Adam72
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 8
Message 4 of 56 (57,653 Views)

Hi, 

Thanks for the opinion. I will forward this to the development team. However I can't tell you if or when this option will be enabled. 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

-----
If answer was helpful please give Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution for other users. Thanks!
Mart
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 198
Message 5 of 56 (57,527 Views)

Well, just to let you know there are other apps that have already beat you to the punch, fring has 4-way conferencing for ipad

henri_claytor
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 56 (57,168 Views)

This is truly pathetic on behalf of skype. I only use this piece of crap iPad app when I'm forced to. I can't believe you can't initiate a group call, you can't even JOIN an existing conference call from one of your existing group chat windows.

Even my mac client won't let me join an existing conference call.. I have to redial everyone in the group even though they're already in a call.

freakshoww
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 7 of 56 (55,892 Views)

Mickeyogden
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 8 of 56 (55,329 Views)

[ Edited ]
I was about to sign up for a business annual subscription for the whole company but as I cannot start a conference call then there is no chance I will be pursuing Skype for more than personal use. Until Skype get real about what business really is there is little chance of them winning the business market at the moment. I think there is a real chance for Skype to be installed into business to reach message services like Reuters or AOL which are the two dominant ones used within our business. Naresh Maharaj www.hewittandmay.co.uk
contactnkm
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 9 of 56 (55,003 Views)

Please add this feature!!!

It's a must!!

Seva
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 10 of 56 (51,233 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling