IMO-- Skype Messaging

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

IMO-- Skype Messaging

As we all know, Skype on the iOS plain and simple doesn't work.  It has been this way for a long while now.  There is no end in sight.  And the half-wits working the app simply do not care, or are too stupid to fix it.  

So, in case you didn't know about it, the IMO app is an all-purpose messenger on the iPhone/iPod/whatever else that allows you to sign on to your Skype account (as well as AIM, Steam, MSN, Facebook, Google Talk, etc) and message through that.

Because of the unceasing failure by the development crew, and the absolutely unacceptable attempts at pacifying complaints by this board's administrators, I think we should all officially adopt IMO as our new means of communication on the iPhone.

They clearly do not care.  It's time to move to somewhere that does.  

srondina
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 9
Message 1 of 10 (20,881 Views)

Re: IMO-- Skype Messaging

I'll just bet you are a ton of fun to be around!  Have you yet noticed that your small group of friends that remain, avoid going anywhere in public with you?  

Have you noticed that your pets have posted signs looking for new owners?

Has NASA yet contacted you about participating in their field test on harnessing negative energy?

BTW, your ex didnt pass away, she just doesnt want to speak with you again.   :happy:

Hope you find happiness, and a product worthy of your standards.   I am guessing a celestial answer is your best bet.   Just as a wild guess, I'd suggest.... Uranus.

DocLandis
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 2 of 10 (15,502 Views)

Anyone know if there are any other IM clients that support Skype as of whatever they did the past couple days to break it from IMO?
Posted from Apple iPod Touch
vanilje
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 10 (7,436 Views)

Yeah, MS fiddled with it probably because they are envy for imo.im's success.

RIP skype

FackMS
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 10 (7,406 Views)

People are looking for alternatives such as IMO, only because Skype doesn't use the push notifications system on iPhone and drains the battery just to keep it's connection alive. I don't know why they don't use push system which was designed to be used specifically in such cases?

Zzipper
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 10 (7,341 Views)

Now that I'm forced to use Skype, at least disabling all notifications from Skype keeps its battery usage to a minimum. I don't have to bring a charger with me wherever I go now.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Xyless
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 10 (7,252 Views)

[ Edited ]

Yeah, way to go MS to completely and utterly --- up again! :mad:  :(n):

Fix the support for imo.im NOW!

I'm not going to install the skype app on my phone and probably will soon remove it from my computer. And I hope (and will persuade) others follow my suite.

Thanks for ruining it for everybody.

Edited to conform with the Community Guidelines and
http://www.skype.com/en/legal/etiquette/

Mar_Dus
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 7 of 10 (7,107 Views)

I'm not IPhone user - but i want my IMO back!
MaxPaw
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 10 (5,195 Views)

H
Posted from LG LG-T375
Faiz.righri
Casual Tourist
Message 9 of 10 (2,559 Views)

I have a chromebook, and can't download IMO because it says:

"We are sorry, but you do not have access to this service. Please contact your domain administrator for access."

Help?

gabimurdock99
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 10 (988 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling