IM sounds

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

IM sounds

I'm not getting the incoming IM sound on my iphone, I see an alert pop up 15s later but no sound, and it just says XX new events.

arathorn
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (493 Views)

Re: IM sounds

I have the opposite problem, I have gone into settings/skype/notifications and turned both sounds and alerts to off and yet I still get sounds coming through my iphone.  I am part of a couple of fairly large groups and I would prefer if my phone wasn't going off every 3 seconds because there are so many posts.  My iPhone is a 4s running version 5.1 and skype version is 3.7.40(3.7.0.40).  I would greatly appreciate help resolving this issue.

chriszippy
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 3 (469 Views)

Re: IM sounds

I have a problem with the IM sound, too. The "boop" is too short for me to hear. I have significant hearing loss, so if I'm not looking at my iPhone, I miss incoming IM. Does anyone know of a way for me to fix that? I have the volume turned up all the way, but the duration is too short.

kjbott
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 3 (415 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling